Monday, January 14, 2008

The Road to Hell

Guess you guys are just waiting to hear about my fall from grace! What do they say? That the road to hell is paved with good intentions? Honestly, trying to do the right thing as a good upstanding man isn't that easy after all - it's really so much easier being bad!

Well I found that out for myself when I decided to meet up with McCute for lunch this weekend.

Erroneously believed that I'd already made plans for every eventuality - sabotaging any hidden scheme he and I could have cooked up for a wicked assignation - to plan the perfect platonic mandate! Picked an early lunch - so I wouldn't be tempted to dive into a heady jug of sangria and thereafter into a hotel bedroom with him. Chose a fairly innocuous locality - so full of bustling bystanders and noisy tweenagers that I wouldn't have been able to find a secluded spot for a hasty physical examination.

Even suggested a healthy, low-fat, low-calorie, low-taste salad for an afternoon delight - since there's hardly anything wildly sexy or inappropriate about organic greens, is there?

Intentions!
The road to hell is paved with gorgeous men?

Like always, McCute was prompt. We surely do like our guys to come on time, don't we? Clad in jeans and a tight tee, he looked like a low-fat, low-calorie diet I wouldn't have minded investing in either. After the usual meet-and-greet, I shoved him into the changing rooms for a closer inspection in the direction of the brightly-lit cafeteria. No doubt he was puzzled over my sudden affection for cucumbers and cabbages since he clearly recalled my unhealthy carnivorous habits.

McCute : You eat vegetables like a good boy now?
Paul : I only follow what the good doctors tell me.
McCute : Glad to hear you're adept at following medical advice. How about coming up to my room later then?
Paul : Surely that isn't recommended in our latest guidelines!

Seriously. I was that lame. And that wasn't the only random misdirection I aimed his way.

Perhaps McCute was really only teasing me of course ( or I was reading too much into his actions ) but indeed, what did he see in me? McCute's a relatively attractive fellow, reasonably intelligent - and a surgeon to boot. Surely he can find lots of hunky suitors of his own. Was I his good deed pity-fuck for the year? Not that I minded much but charity cases like me would have liked to know.

McCute was a bright guy though and he caught on to my cheap ploys soon enough. Dropped the sly innuendoes soon enough and we spent an hour or three catching up on our far less scandalous colleagues and their exploits. Innocent enough. And certainly not worth writing home about.

I'm a good boy. Really, I am!

But then after I said my fond goodbyes to McCute promising to keep in touch, I took my leave, walked ten steps and suddenly received an anonymous message from someone named Drew. To quote the sender Let's have some fun later, shall we?

Seriously, I stared agog at the text for almost a full minute. Despite deceptive appearances, I don't actually have a toll-free sex line for my cell number. And I don't usually get strangers suggesting midnight rendezvous.

And yet I found myself irresistibly tempted. Again.

Though it does seem like some horrible nightmare, doesn't it? While the cat's away, I suddenly find a dozen tempting mice out to play? WTF. Talk about the perfect scheme to drive me insane. Now if I suddenly open my front door and find a half-naked hunk wrapped in a bow, I shall know for certain that the devil has suddenly decided to play a cruel prank on me.

11 comments:

A Lewis said...

These boys are just exactly (one of) my type. Sassy, long shaggy hair, board shorts, look vagrantly naughty. And I do enjoy a regular nice big green salad loaded with veggies.

Anonymous said...

Let's have some fun later, indeed. :P

TJay said...

I see 'Strapping Shane' had to get the digs in, LOL...

Seriously Sung, you obviously are not as 'Quasimodo' or 'Phantomesque' as you make yourself out to be. If these people are approaching you and hinting, then its obvious that you are a catch on many levels. You're a hair over 30 now (try being 6 months from 41) and in the prime of your life.

People recognize a good man (and although, I've never seen your face and can understand why) both in features and who they are inside. Jaded as we are (speaking on both sides of the coin here, heh heh ;-) ).

Calvin sees this and I've mentioned before my questions to you regarding the fidelity issue. He means a lot otherwise you'd be out 'shaking your ass' every night in KL.

(WINK)

TJay

D-Man said...

OK, I must have missed something. Isn't this then guy who you were about to get hot and heavy with, but Grandma walked in?

So, you've already once been ready to do the dirty deed (except for Grandma interuptus...) Now he looks you up, shows up on time looking very tasty, and then asks you to his room.

He's into you. Jump him now.

Unless, of course, if you've taken an abstinence pledge...

Andrew said...

Shah: WTF? You said you had a business meeting to attend; not bang Paul?!

Drew: I couldn't help it! I mean, I know he's not hunky, but after reading his blog day-in and day-out, I just wanted to get in his head!

:p

Jef said...

Intriguing ....

Juzzie said...

hmm..

William said...

These are indeed itchy times...

Sue said...

Whether you stay true to Calvin is up to you. Life is always presenting difficult choices to us and we must live with the consequences of our decisions for the rest of our lives.

chase / chubz said...

hmmm.. this mccute guy is very cute... yum

a toll-free sex line?
wow, where can i get that.. hehehahaha

savante said...

Not sure, ben. I think it's the devil's ploy to drive us insane.

So my type as well, lewis!

Was that an invite, shane?

I am Phantomesque, tjay! But whoa, thanks for the great many compliments :)

Don't tempt me, d man :P

Poor Drew must be so confused, shah! :P

Intriguing and naughty times, william, jeff and juz!

That's the best advice ever, sue. THanks!

Why would you want a sex line, chase!

paul