Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Eleven Drivers Sniping

Maybe I've been driving in the big city for much too long.

And you know big city drivers are just simply monstrous. I've certainly learnt some of the bad habits associated with urban road hogs such as overtaking from the left, rocketing 2fast2furious just slightly below the speed of sound ( and below the radar of the ever-vigilant cops ) and the horrifying tailgating. Reprehensible driver, I know. Don't learn from me, kids.

2fast2furious!
Drive faster dammit!

Of course that didn't prepare me for my return last weekend to find small town drivers. God, it's like they're on a leisurely sunday drive with their loved ones enjoying the sights. Not only do they greedily hog the fast lane, they insist on puttering by at a plodding 50km/h in their clunky minivans. I believe a one-legged granny dragging herself with her bloodied bare hands could move faster than that.

Seriously. They even take like an hour just to start revving up when the light turns green and then they slowly inch forward across the junction. God, it drives me crazy.

Me, I feel the road rage slowly taking possession of me. Seriously, if I had a monster truck with giant wheels, I'd just run over the entire lot. *crush* Then push the truck into reverse to finish the job. *DOUBLE CRUSH* Total roadkill.

Paul : Take that, you slowpokes! MUAHAHAHAHA.

Not very Christmassy for the eleventh day, I know.

So you can imagine my shock ( and I admit mild amusement ) to find Lanky Lex driving cautiously like a good lil law-abiding citizen yesterday. Seriously. Cow carts and trishaws move faster. I was supposed to lead the way but I didn't realize that meant literally crawling at a snail's pace!

But then again, he's a brand new driver, he'll pick up the demonic driver skills soon enough. :P

11 comments:

Ryan said...

Hey, I drive very slow, ok?! Better safe than regret! But then I am not greedy to take the fast lane. So, you can have it! :p

A Lewis said...

Hubby tells met hat I "used to be a grandma driver when we first met." He is now telling me "that you're a get up and go sort of guy."
(And when is this LONG song gonna ever end?????).....

TJay said...

UGH! Don't remind me... 10AM - 3PM is Geriatric Prime Time for driving in my neighborhood. Post Office, grocery stores or whatever. 20-25MPH in a freaking 40 zone.

Seattle drivers are the worst. I swear that they got their drivers licenses out of a 'Cracker Jack' box as the toy surprise.

I'm not a speed demon but JFC do the damn limit at least!

chase / chubz said...

that's why i listen to music to calm my inner driver demon. hahahahha

Janvier said...

We honestly couldn't believe how...laidback their driving was!

Oh and Lex will need plenty of training if he's to become an aggresive speed demon capable of outmaneuvering mad drivers that simply cut lanes without signalling.

Musang said...

when i went to mom's just recently, i was her official driver for the whole time. to penang and kedah and back. i used the skills that i use whenever i'm on the freeway and the federal highway of shah alam and KL.

all she said was, "i think you should masuk F1..."

slow drivers should never be allowed on fast lanes. there should be a law to that.

Jason said...

Bwahahahaha.... he seldom drives lar, that will take years to develop such skill. But as Ryan said, better safe than regret. It's troublesome to have sex with a missing limb or arm, you see? :P

MrBunnyBan said...

Oh, leave him be. He wasn't thoroughly trained by Daytona. :P Better for those with less skills like myself to drive more slowly and carefully.

adrien said...

i didn't know lex was a new driver! no wonder the trains.

but i'm sure he'd do well driving around melacca.

Zyklon22 said...

LOL. Bear in mind that most of the people in Malacca that you do encounter on the road during the festive holidays are not exactly the local populace. The local populace usually stays home to avoid the traffic :)

savante said...

Good God. YOu are one of those guys. But at least you're not in my lane, ryan. So that's alright.

Grandma driver. Muahaha... lewis!

Precisely, tjay! I mean you can drive slow. Not a problem for me. The only thing is stay in your damned lane!

Trust me, the music is turned out loud in my car, chase.

Laidback is a kind word, janvier :P

Ooh I can ride your car, musang.

No worries he will learn soon enough, jason and ban.

True, he's a small town driver, adrien.

Seriously. They drive quite as slow on weekdays as well, zyklon.

paul