Saturday, December 29, 2007

Seven Hours A-Lazin

Six Tease-and-Lay-Em
Five Golden Things
Four Tangled Hearts
Three Insomniac Men
Two Slaughtered Hens
And A Party in the Pantry

Look, I'm far from your regular workaholic physician. The stressed out fellas you see breathlessly sprinting down the halls of hectic medical dramas such as Grey's Anatomy and House? Well, that's not me. Far from it. Have you seen the endless hours they spend at work? I doubt I'll ever make the hospital my second home - no matter how appealing that may sound to some of my more dedicated ( get a life! ) colleagues.

But today I came to realize that being given a week's off can be quite as detrimental as well!

Sleepy...
Is it time for work yet?

Sure if I were a dedicated househusband ( when Charming Calvin finally returns with that treasure-laden ship of his! ), I'd of course have a plethora of activities lined up for my free hours from pottery classes to baking sessions with the other desperate housewives. Hell, I wouldn't even have a minute free to catch a breath.

Unfortunately though that hasn't happened as yet. Still working obviously. During my workdays, the hours are filled to the brim with patients to see, discussions to hold and ... yes, endless monotonous paperwork ( case notes, OT summaries, protocols and such ). Then I usually cram as much social activity into the after-hours as possible which makes me run like an Energizer Rabbit from one place to the next. Picture the Amazing Race. Seriously hectic.

So when I'm suddenly handed the days off, I find myself faced with endless hours of.... nothing. No activities. No plans. No itinerary. Confused and undecided, I find myself lazing for hours in bed staring at the wall. Literally. There dosn't seem to be anything worth rushing out the door for so I procrastinate. For hours.

Not the first time I've felt like this and obviously I still haven't learnt.

Or else I find myself calling up the one person I can count on to be free enough to accompany me for lunch.

My ISO : You must be freaking bored.
Paul : You'd rather be with your mother?
My ISO : I'd rather drown in tequila.
Paul : So how was Christmas?
My ISO : Chilly, frosty and civil in my household as always.
Paul : Plenty of festive cheer there. At least they don't throw plates anymore.
My ISO : Too early to tell, still a few days yet. You know New Year's coming. We should have sex. It could be my good deed this year.
Paul : Normally I'd say no but these days, I might be bored enough to say yes.

Yes, it's THAT time of the year again. A shockingly horny time for me for some reason. I blame it on the free-flow alcohol. After two hours of TV reruns and endless cups of Baileys, my ISO seems suddenly much less of a complete bastard than he usually is :P

8 comments:

Unknown said...

cool pictures!! take a look at this: http://www.spymac.com/details/?2315603

ikanbilis said...

i remember, when I used to work I get tired easily and felt like an adult. Now, I'm loosing my mind of doing nothing at home because I'm jobless and have not decided what to do for college. All I could ever do is spend time on Simcity 4, postcrossing exchange and become tour guide for the students that comes over to visit me. I'm loosing my sensibility, even before quitting I was planning to have a long period of reading.

Happy New Year!

Janvier said...

So free? Get online and fan the fires of gossip then! 'Tis the season.

Quentin X said...

Whenever I get bored, I get blisters where I shouldn't. lol.

Anonymous said...

hey.. happy new year bro!

Sam said...

Go play your Civilizations la. :P

Jason said...

Can count the hairs on your legs.
Or maybe go for haircut!
Or online and talk crap.

You know we're online and available :P

savante said...

Ooh esteban!

Be glad that you have time to spare! DOn't start work yet, ikanbilis.

Doing so, janvier. See the fires!

Ouch, quentin!

Happy new year to you too, chikanoz.

Too lazy to download. It's over at Calvin's anyway, sam.

Too much hair on the legs to count. Already had my hair cut. Always talk crap online anyway, jason :P

Paul