Thursday, December 27, 2007

Five Golden Things

Four Tangled Hearts
Three Insomniac Men
Two Slaughtered Birds
And A Party in the Pantry

Justin Bartha, come to papa.

It's been so long since that I've almost... almost forgotten the cute fella! Unforgivable I know but when the last sighting's several years ago when Bartha played the memorable sidekick role of techno-savvy Riley Poole ( what an unfortunate name! ) in National Treasure, you gotta give me some leeway. Didn't take long for me to place that preppily handsome face though when he appeared in the trailers!

Pining
Justin Bartha, come to papa!

Thank God for that.

Come on, how can you expect Nicolas Cage to carry a show? He certainly doesn't make my carnal glands thrum with delight. Sensitive and tortured actor, I'll admit - but melting heart-throb material, I simply don't see it.

Fortunately the movie National Treasure - Book of Secrets doesn't depend on our craggy-featured actor to sink or swim. Instead it depends on rehashed historical moments mixed with heaps of imagination, spoonfuls of interesting trivia and bits of vaguely treasonous conspiracy theories. Let's face it, all of us have our own treasure-hunting Indiana Jones fantasies!

Haven't you at least play-acted as a swashbuckling adventurer as a kid?

Oddly enough I tuned in to National Treasure with Jaunty Jared's hip ( or should that be hippie? ) mom. Finding out to her utmost dismay that asian horror movies are kept to a minimum during this festive time of year, Mama Jared finally begrudgingly settled on this action-adventure vehicle instead. Trust me, it was near impossible to fantasize about riding to the rescue of a helpless Justin Bartha dressed only in a skimpy thong when Mama Jared is sitting right beside me.

Paul : OMG. He's so fuckable I could bite him on the ass right now.
Mama Jared : What?
Paul : Uhhh, I meant... umm.. uhhh. Ooh! Big big explosion! Look!
Mama Jared : Ooh.
Jared : Nice save.

Nothing like blood, gore and blown-up stuff to get her attention.

8 comments:

ikanbilis said...

i haven't been here in a while and i think i've been deprived by doing do. anyhow, looking at the trailer of the movie, i'm all excited, and i have new taste in nerds - like that guy in ugly betty!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Happy Holidays.

Anonymous said...

Biiiig explosion. Right.

Medie007 said...

merry new year! wakakakaka

Jason said...

So you already watched that... -_-

cleo weiland said...

I've always had a thing for nerds. One common trait between all my boyfriends, past and present, they all wear glasses. I think it adds character to your face. Heheh :)

Such a naughty thing to say when you have Mama Jared next to you. Naughty naughty!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been dropping by lately, what with the flurry of activities I have in Manila. After missing all your past entries, I realized one thing is for sure, you are still damn funny and your smarts knock my undies off. Hehehe. Happy holidays!

savante said...

Poor Bartha! But I still find him damned cute, ben. To each his own!

Ah, I see you like the accountant dude in ugly betty as well, ikanbilis. How about mark's new boyfriend?

Same to you, reyville and ah bong.

There was, dan! Something exploded.

And yes, I saw that already.

Glasses. Totally agree. But they are such a bother sometimes, cleo!

KNock your undies off. Mmmm... now that I would like to see, mark!

Paul