Sunday, August 20, 2006

Tiramisu at Alexis

Certainly not as young as I once was. Just a night's outing with the boys is enough to leave me utterly wasted - even though I didn't even have a sip of alcohol! Obviously some perk-me-up Pharmaton or Tongkat Ali is gonna be next on my shopping list.

Still it was good to meet up with some gay ol' boys - identity withheld for their apparent safety - and catch up on what's going on in their shockingly skanky lives from buff body-attack boys to sexy swinging sailors. Don't have all that many gay friends from work so it's nice to meet up with a few to share horror stories over simmering earl grey ( aging gay boys like me have to be teetotalers after all ) and to laugh raucously over our innate wickedness as we rated every eligible men in the restaurant.

Nice to know that even with increasing moral conservatism in the country, the homosexual boys in the country are still finding their own secret ways to have a gay old time - that even transnational stage buses have been transformed into hotbeds of gay activity :O

Carrie Bradshaw and her other singleton sisters would be pleased that we're carrying on their cosmopolitan tradition over here as four men sat around the cosy, dimly-lit interiors of alexis with their tiramisu and tea gaily dishing out dirt on their lives. Just short of the Manolo Blahniks and the nipple cones.

In between swapping saliva-drooling tales of morally loose men ( not that I had any to share! ), there were the usual gripes about our careers. Glad to know that I'm not the only one with some recurring doubts about my job. Have to admit that it's terribly daunting to see all the other driven, desperately ambitious doctors at work - who have probably dreamt of wielding a stethoscope to save lives since they were in their dirty diapers! And there's silly me - who practically stumbled onto the job not knowing exactly what was in store for me :)

BTW guys who earn close to RM 70 an hour should just shut up about their gripes and just buy the dinner. And dessert too! :P For that amount of money, hell I'd turn tricks!

Rate me!
Rate me... and that gorgeous lamp!
Still... such late night shenanigans did prompt a comment from my ISO gave me a wake-up call remind me about a friend's impending nuptials - only to find me barely awake by noon. Told him scant details about my late night but he's a smart boy and quickly got the gist of it.

My ISO : Ratings? No talking about me ah... the perfect ten.
Paul : You wish, bastard. A 6.5 to 7 maybe.
My ISO : That bad ah! Wah, your standards terribly high!
Paul : There's no perfect ten, ya bloody git! Hell, even Brandon Routh and Chris Evans only score an 8 to 9 at the most.
My ISO : What about you?
Paul : Subhuman lah. Maybe 2.5?
My ISO : My God, you are worse than Tyra Banks!
Paul : Gotta be on top.

Okay, so we bitched a little more about America's Next Top Model but you don't need to know that :)

19 comments:

nyonyapenang said...

of course, whenever you gripe and everyone there in the group is either 1/2kati or 8 tahils, you'll feel so much better. a consolation? LOL

savante said...

I wish! I'm the ugliest of the lot! :)

paul

Will said...

So, you might be willing to turn tricks for RM 70 an hour? So if I saved up RM 200 maybe I could get 2 hours then give you a nice tip lah. :P

Just kidding, hun, you are worth MUCH more than that. At least RM 80 an hour. Call me, we'll bargain.

Patrick said...

I give 7 to the lamp but NC for the guy.

S said...

If they're making good money, let them pay for dinner.

At least that way, they'll have something to complain about.

Alex said...

No engineers earn RM70/hr!!!
If they do, make them pay for everything including your shopping spree in Ikea...
BTW, Alexis is a great place... Gay Sex & The City :P

hrugaar said...

You were that tired after a late night chatting over tea and cakes (or desserts)? Sounds like you're either aging forty years ahead of schedule, paul dear, or going down with some sickness. Or was there an all-day shopping spree beforehand that you neglected to tell us about la?

The lamp I'd rate about a 5, dunno, would have to see it in real life. Wouldn't rate the guy at all, he looks three quarters brain-dead already. Bod without brains or soul is no good to me - though maybe I'm in a minority there. ;oP

Anonymous said...

I give a "No" to both lamp & guy.

Anonymous said...

Certainly not the best I've seen of Andrew Wolfe (guy in the picture) but I've seen that lamp many times in the past. It's in the scrubbing/vichy shower room in the spa I used to go to in Manila.

So who would you be? Carrie or Samantha?

Elliot T. McBeal said...

Seriously Paul, everytime I read your entries at work, I have to do a quick scroll because of the um... semi dressed men images on everyone of them...

MrBunnyBan said...

Aiyoyo... I think you watch too much tv, see too many celebs. Or maybe I'm too easy with my ratings.

Jay said...

Hugh Jackman is a 9, his only flaw being his stupid sexuality.

I think I might pool my money with Will and buy you for a day. Got discount ah?

Annie said...

Add a little drink here, a little drink there and suddenly guys who were 2.5 are now rated at an amazing 5.0 !! Alcohol works wonders.. suddenly everybody looks beautiful. :D

ENVY said...

I guess we all want to be Samantha at least for some time in our lives but then again the lamp and some flair from Charlotte would top it greatly...a table chat, some tea would be nice 2.

Kihu said...

lol i agreed with Annie. ahaha alcohol does the work! hahaa Everything looks wonderful under alcohol effect uhmnn! even urself in the mirro! :)

Xavier said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Xavier said...

:)

such nice outting and so Gay S&TC!

Their Titsmisu's Incredible... and so it the mix fruit marainge (is that how that cake is spelled anyway???)

so who's who ah?

William said...

Tiramisu @ Alexis is to die for... Beautiful crowd at times.

savante said...

Hardly worth RM 80. Don't know that many tricks, will :P

Why not for the guy, patrick?!

True, steven. You are so right!

I agree. Engineers should pay, alex!

Nah, it was an all day shopping expedition followed by bar hopping which tired me out, ru.

Why not the lamp, jemima!

Neither Carrie nor Samantha. Possibly Charlotte, mark.

I do that myself at work, elliott :)

Think you're too easy, bunny :)

Sure got discount for you lah, jay!

Which is why I love alcohol! Annnieee

That's why I love Charlott, envy!

Still dislike my face even with the alcohol, famezgay.

Fruit meringue, xavier!

True enough, wiliam though I must have spoilt their beautiful quotient somewhat.

paul