Friday, August 11, 2006

Begin the Beguile

In a desperate bid for some degree of financial freedom, I've decided to take some really drastic measures - such as staying the hell away from malls especially during dangerous periods such as megasales.

Being a passionate devotee of the Goddess of Shopping, just walking in the vicinity of suburban malls places me in a vulnerable trance-like state where I'm summarily possessed by an irresistible demonic urge to flash credit cards at salespeople in exchange for goods. The mystical change is almost eeriely supernatural as it transforms me from a regular sorta joe into a vengeful shopping demon who doesn't hesitate to trip overenthusiastic fellow shoppers into nearby garbage bins just to grab that terribly cheap bargain.

The very fact that I ended up dating a guy who works later than me has turned out to be quite hazardous in its own way since I'm forced to rely on my own wits for several hours. Idle hands certainly are the devil's workshop and it isn't long before the wily Goddess beckons.

Which is how I ended up with a few brilliantly red ( and freakishly cheap! ) vases from IKEA, a carpet from Iran ( a bargain, I swear!! ) and a few lamps from Bangsar just yesterday. All in the name of her Worship. Honestly couldn't help myself! The dudes in advertising - obviously also her fellow devotees - certainly know what they're doing since packaging certainly counts. Nothing screams 'Buy ME' more than slick edgy packaging with an affordable price tag ( apart from being something worth purchasing of course! ). Doubt even Alice could have resisted the tags in shopping Wonderland.

Desperate Houseboy
Buy me a song

And whoever said that a pretty face doesn't sell should seriously think again. Just one look at this man's face had me coming to a dead stop in front of the eyecandy *ahem* I meant, CD store. Those beguiling eyes!

Just look at him. Doesn't it make you wanna purchase his CD? Certainly makes you wanna begin the beguine. Matt Dusk is his name - and I certainly wouldn't mind having him after dusk :P What is it about hot guys in suits? Really, sometimes I feel there should be a law curtailing the usage of suits for men since even the homeliest dogs look dangerously shaggable in a suit.

Extremely mortified to be so shallow as to buy something on account of a man's good looks, I had to retain some minimal semblance of dignity by adding a few other quality CDs onto the stack to disguise the shameful lot. Thank God, this budding jazz crooner doesn't sing all that badly since my reputation has evidently been much in question after the Pussycat Dolls debacle.

Even Big Bicep Barry hasn't stopped teasing me about it. Hell, if he playfully sings along to Don'tcha again, I'm gonna leap up and smack him atop his head. :)

19 comments:

nyonyapenang said...

a good image consultant and an equally good photographer - that got you to stop dead on your tracks. LOL

pakcik said...

haha...i dont know either to laugh or to errr...laugh ;)

savante said...

nyonya, I really need an image consultant and a photographer then!

You can laugh, pakcik :)

Paul

Kihu said...

wow matt is hot.. listening his song on his website.. Not too bad lor..

Anyway duhz.. I have the same problem as u too.. ahaha I'm soo going to spend all my savings if i continue to shop like this!

hrugaar said...

Oh yes, sexy good looks certainly sell cds, or just about any product. Don't even need the suit (not every guy looks good in one, either).

Of course, paul dear, you can always use those hours of spare time to study for your course and exams. Heh. Either that or learn to leave the cash and cards behind and just window-shop (i.e. look, don't buy). ;oP

Xavier said...

commenting in the style of leg:

=================================
*piak piak
smack paul on the face and pick him by the ear back home.

aint no hopping on any cherrie barries for ya!
=================================

:p

A Bear in the Woods said...

I'll buy his cd if it has a scratch and sniff foldout. I more interested in musk than dusk.

Jason said...

try going out shopping without any money or credit card... maybe it helps.. or are you going to sell the clothes off your back so you can pay for a new CD too? :p

Annie said...

"Sale.. come.. this..way.." whispers the Siren.. Shopping is as addictive as coffee, which is why Starbuck's goddess symbol is a siren.. luring fragile-minded humans to their deaths. or debt in your case *ahem*. LOL. Well, somebody has to buy things to decorate Calvin's BatCave.. Gotta cover up those cobwebs. Yeah, ok. I'm no help. :D I'm moving, just passing through.

Anonymous said...

That's right, Xavier. And when Paul is gone, I can hop on Barry myself. Bwahahaha...

Annie, the cobwebs are gone now, thanks to Paul, the Cosy Crib is entirely definitely habitable now. Heh. But you're so right about the decoration part, I wouldn't mind at all. Hehe.

Anonymous said...

Where do u get these hunky pictures?

canardbidon said...

well... it's in our blood dear, all us boys need to shop - so why not at least do it during sales?? :)

gosh the 'houseboy' pic u have in the previous post is possibly the hottest of the hottest hunks u've ever put up!!! if i had him at home i'ld never go out to shop for clothes...

S said...

Further proof that good things do grow in Canada...

But, if you like Matt Dusk, his "Two Shots" CD is better than his latest.

savante said...

Hey, I'm making him famous, famezgay :)

True enough, ru. Good looks certainly sells products. Studying? God, I hate that!

Xavier, hopping on cherry barries?!

That could be next on the list for his promos, daniel :)

No money and no credit cards?! GASP! Jase, what if I see that incredible can'tlivewithoutit bargain!

Calvin's Cobweb collections, anniee? Yeah, I might need to get some stuff for that :)

See hunky pictures everywhere and try to share, anon.

Hot houseboy eh, canard! I totally agree.

He's from Canada? God, I have to google him again, steven.

Paul

Anonymous said...

lol

William said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
William said...

If shopping's the Goddess, then you're the High Priest.

savante said...

Hi, tear!

High priest it is, william!

paul

Anonymous said...

He's cute. See him in concert, and you'll think he more annoying than attractive lol.