Saturday, August 05, 2006

Box of Chocolates

Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

If that really was a true adage, I certainly wouldn't mind it much :) Unless you're an ailing diabetic with a desperate sweet tooth, I don't see how that could possibly be a problem. With every bite just as sweet and sensual as the one before, how could it possibly fail?

Indeed, one of the best gifts I've ever received was from a dear friend who Fedexed a whole box of precious Godivas all for myself as a surprise. Just like Charming Calvin has his obsession with ice-cream and Big Bicep Barry for guava-cucumber-celery juice, I have my own Achilles Heel. Certainly one of the true wicked pleasures in life, peeling the golden wrapping to find the treasure of sinful chocolates inside.

Cup of chocolate
A cup of chocolate to make you hot inside...

Which is why the sudden surprise of a chocolate bar was enough to put a smile on my face. Eventhough I haven't eaten it and it's resting safely in Calvin's refrigerator.

Yes, I'm a simple man with simple needs. And certainly easy to please.

14 comments:

hrugaar said...

But what sort of chocolate bar? Plain? Milk? Fruit & nut filled? Most important la. ;oP

A Bear in the Woods said...

There's nothing better than a hot man on a cold morning.

Anonymous said...

chocolate...mmm...

Petie said...

I had to be content with just a bar of chocolate for my birthday. Now that I have my day offs coming up I think it's time to spend some money on good food at a Japanese buffet resturant :d

Annie said...

Hold the phone! Somebody sent you a box of Godiva chocolates! WOW! How cool is that! I can only eat dark chocolates, not milk.. and they taste great with peanut butter or nuts. Somebody send me some dark chocolates please! *cry*

Sue said...

Okay, I am THE chocolate snob. Look no further. I prefer Belgian dark chocolate. Either Leonidas or Neuhaus will do. Godiva are passable. So please let me know the kind of bar we are talking about so that I can tell you all about it. :)

pakcik said...

i finished my chocolate already. before midnite actually ;)

Just Me said...

I love chocolate. That is one of my guilty pleasures.

Ganymede said...

Oooo. Chocolate...

Reminded me of the chocolate fudge we had the other day... *droooooool

Wild Reeds said...

Mmm, delicious.

nyonyapenang said...

aawww! you are kinda wicked! i luv chocolates but unfortunately have to go slow on it cos' it causes splitting headaches. :(

Alex said...

So you don't need sex anymore?
LOL... glad you like chocolates...

Dave said...

a cup of Venti Hot Chocolate from Starbucks and a bar of KitKat Peanut Butter...utterly sinful.

But that should not stop me from putting a little weight on my slim bod.

Las montaƱas said...

love those pralines! each one individually made.