Right now I'm doing a meme - tagged by Strapping Shane who obviously feels that I haven't done enough memes of late. Odd since I recall doing something quite similar not too long ago. Still since I don't have much interesting news today - and I actually spent the day with Charming Calvin - I figured I better not bore you guys with tales of our making out in Borders, pigging out at Charms or denigrating amazing frankfurters who read short histories of nearly everything.
4 JOBS I'VE HAD IN MY LIFE
1) Doctor. The end. For more details you only need to check out my posts on work. I mean come on, 4 jobs? Went from primary to secondary to university and straight to work. Seriously, slogging through medical school doesn't leave me much time for moonlighting so I've actually had one to speak of ( unless professional shopper counts ).
4 MOVIES I CAN WATCH OVER AND OVER AGAIN
1) Lord of the Rings. Have I toldya the umpteenth times I've sat through the entire trilogy - the extended version? Really, I could probably imitate some of the stunts Legolas did - if I had his elven skateboard and his lithe, amazingly agile physique of course... otherwise I'd just land splat on the flagstones in need of emergency rescue.
2) Sound of Music. Like any gay boy my age, I think I've gone through a million reruns before we've had cable. Wasn't there a time when they seemed to shove raindrops on roses right into our mouths every public holiday? Until now when the dogs bite and when the bees sting - when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favourite things and then I don't feel so bad.
3) Love Actually. Feel-good. Witty. Hugh Grant dancing in Downing Street. Rodrigo Santoro getting naked ( and impossibly rejected for a psycho overweight sibling ). Perfect for Christmastime and everytime I feel blue.
4) Sex and the City / FRIENDS - well, not exactly movies but I can't think of another I'd risk multiple repeats. But both these series are just amazing, no matter how many times I watch.
You mean I was hot before 300?
4 PLACES I'VE BEEN ON VACATION
1) London. Written about my British Escapades umpteenth times as well here and here.
2) Shanghai. Simply unforgettable feeling the seabreeze on your face as you take the ferry heading into Shanghai and see your first glimpse of the Bund. And did I tell ya the PLA soldiers are HAWT ( well, not the ones here but I saw one on the train that was fucking steaming pau hot )?
3) Paris. There's nowhere quite as romantic and decadent as this wonderful city for lovers :) And nowhere quite as terribly chic - making you feel like a desperate, indigent refugee just fresh from a sampan. Is there anything better than waking up in the chilly morning to open your french windows to a view of the Eiffel?
4) Istanbul. And ya can read it about it here! BTW the men there have to be the best-looking in the world, almost got whiplash turning around to catch the delicious hotties going by.
4 PLACES I WOULD LIKE TO VISIT
1) Marrakesh. Seriously, just imagine the monuments, the mosques and the men. Marvellous, I'm sure. And I'm sure I'll fill up my shopping bags with souvenirs from the bazaars.
2) Florence. God, again imagine the monuments, the museums and the men. Just as marvellous though I doubt I'd have that many shopping bags due to the shocking euro.
3) Xi'an. Yup, as you guessed it... monuments, museums and ( terracotta ) men. And cheap food also lah. Come on, you can praise the hell out of any regional cooking but for cheap hawker fare just off the streets, I think Chinese food is incomparable.
4) Damascus. Same as the rest though it's only monuments and the museums. I think staring at the men would have me drawn, quartered and then shot by some rebels for being a deviant infidel.
4 OF MY FAVOURITE DISHES
1) Curry laksa
2) Otak otak
3) Green curry chicken
4) Dim sum