Tuesday, September 30, 2008

From Sin City to Pleasantville

I don't think I'm naive.

Cynical fella that I am, lately it seems as if I'm always searching for an ulterior motive behind every move - despite the fact that there's generally none! Though I always seem to be hunting for bogeymen behind every closed door, I swear that doesn't stem from the fact that I had a bitterly scarred, untrusting childhood filled with wicked enemies at every corner. Far from that, I think I had a particularly idyllic life.

Though certainly not as charmed a life as some I know.

Laidback
Watching the world go by?

Just one day with a charter member of the Calvinettes Steel - and I feel like I've just crawled out from the deepest crannies of the dirty, gritty tenements of Sin City only to stumble inadvertently onto the bubble-gum nostalgic streets and avenues of Pleasantville. Sunshiney sweet yet straight and solid like the Steel she's named after, she could be a poster child for wholesome good living in suburbia.

Beside her I feel utterly besmirched :)

Me, I run around turning over rocks to search for conspiracy theories. Crouching bitches, hidden agendas everywhere.

Paul : That demoness practically took you hostage holding your wallet - on the slimmest pretext - and you still think she's kind?
Steel : No, she's trying to be a nice girl.
Paul : In Pleasantville sure! Over in my world, she's just a crouching bitch sharpening her malicious claws.
Steel : Wait, wait! Maybe I told it wrong!

Steel doesn't see a monster hiding under the bed, a demon lurking in the closet - or even a sneaky frenemy holding a dagger behind her back.

Sometimes I have to envy that.

5 comments:

Twilight Man said...

You are definitely not a naive plebeian. Sometimes I wonder why you are not a book author or the copywriter in our ad agency? So mysterious & excitement seeker you are...Selamat Hari Raya Doc.

lucas said...

dropped by :)

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

Salam Idul fitri! Minal aidin wal faidzin – from the BISEAN Blog Thailand =)

Ryan said...

Oh yes yes! Why is he/she being so kind?! Hmm... something wrong! Sin City taught us well. :p

Kai Santorino said...

Hmmm...