Thursday, September 18, 2008

Disrobing Dominic

I want to get Dominic Lau's shirt off.

Seriously. I can't be in the minority here. Admit it. After looking at the buff, sculpted hunk of Chinese-British extraction by way of Hong Kong, don't you just feel like tearing his tight tee off?

Dominic Lau
Dominic Lau

Evidently the prudish folks at our local Men's Health magazine don't think so. Why else would they be all busy covering up the sizzling hawt meat on display? For the past few months, I've noted their usually sexy, grinning coverboys have been shockingly overdressed. No sign of chest hair, no shiny pecs, not even a flash of six-pack abs. All shrouded behind plain, purdah-like generic tees.

Not even a perky nipple in sight.

I know it's all about Men's Health - I'm sure the verbose editors would claim it's all scientific evidence, nutrition advice and rigorous exercises for the betterment of mankind - but we all know what we're paying top dollar for. Come on, show us some skin dammit. The healthy fresh-faced boys worked hard enough at the gym for it!

Detractors would claim the breeder boys are getting embarassed by the excessive display of luscious man-flesh on the covers of fitness mags. No doubt fearful that notorious gay-dars would zero in on them just for strutting around with the risque covers. Seriously. Are their sexualities on such shaky ground that they can't bear the slightest hint of doubt? Come on, straight guys who are secure in their heterosexuality wouldn't give a fucking shit.

So poor Dominic had to put on a shirt.

Paul : So what do you say, Dominic?
Dom : Hell, I worked so hard to build up my abs. Hit the gym daily for weeks, then subsisted on cereal and mineral water just for this shoot! Then they had to force a shirt on me. Dammit! Seriously, I should have just gone for the dimsum buffet!

Bet the fella doesn't sound anything like that ( hey if I knew him, I'd be hitting on him! ) but hey, I'm just saying!

Unless this is all the work of our notoriously busy censors again - fearing that a chance glance at rock-hard abs ( uncovered aurat! ) would turn us all into raving, drooling sex maniacs - and possibly horror of horrors, turn us all into decadent homosexuals since we all know the gay plague is shockingly infective.

BTW for the more literal-minded I am being sarcastic.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

haha.. He has his angles.. sometimes he looks abit weird.. maybe cuz his eyes are a bit weirdly placed..

Alex said...

Let's boycott Men Health's until they show some half-naked men!

Little Dove said...

Dominic gives me fever. He is hot.

Emo-Happiness said...

Bedstory :

I tot doctors see a lot of nice nipples..
And Dicks..

Leave Dominic for me.
Since I am not a doctor..

ikanbilis said...

LOL.

i stopped buying Men's Health. Except this issue because of free gift, lol.


And maybe they have restricted aurat for men to be whole body now, I assume.

Janvier said...

We've stopped looking out for Malaysian's Men's Health for quite a long while now.

Only to ogle the last couple of month's issues because of Jien and Aaron Eckhart.

Twilight Man said...

Ya, tat mag has gone bonkers. I bought Jien's issue for the free shoe bag.

asd said...

always thought he was hot... damn.

dim sum buffet??? I'll be his dim sum....

savante said...

Chinese eyes :) I like em, aaron.

I'm sure you'll lead the protest, alex matuatama! :)

Definitely lil dove. Almost bought the issue myself but realized that he was wearing a shirt.

Eeew. We hardly look at work, emo!

Ikanbilis, and here I thought aurat was restricted from nipple to thighs.

So did I, janvier.

The latest one has a shoe bag as well, twilight.

Don't mind being his buffet as well, asd! And hey, you made it here!

P

Glog said...

Well, nothing interesting in Malaysia's issue...

It's like they want to have Tony Roma's but no pork, they want international concerts, but not Avril Lavigne's attitude and dressing, they want men's health but not showing off how healthy men are...

RPMnut said...

Malaysia's Mens Health mag is quite depressing. I stopped buying them ages ago.

Though having said that, some of the cover boys do look quite delish.

Dominic. Hmmmm.....*slurp*

ikanbilis said...

LOL. aurat is from belly button to knee.

Fable Frog said...

Hmmm i read some where some long time ago that there are straight men who are embarrassed to be seen carrying a mag with half naked men on it. I believe it was on the readers' page on Men's health Malaysia or something. could that be the reason?

savante said...

Well they are an undecided bunch with very little knowledge, glog. And that's the worst :)

Totally agree. I could slurp him up myself, nut.

No wonder they are dressed then, ikanbilis.

Well they gotta be pretty insecure about themselves to be afraid, right, froggie?

Paul

Anonymous said...

http://www.chrismodellingagency.com/image_talent_hkmale/Dominic2.JPG

Anonymous said...

I want to see him naked!