Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mamma Mia

Forget about pomp and circumstance. Forget about class and dignity. You know what I said about having elegant chamber music playing with a sexy tenor tickling the ivories while the guests whisper in a low, genteel murmur?

Turns out that's just not me! Well, not totally.

I need Abba! When I get married, I want super troupers, dancing queens and cute boys in boardies as far as the eye can see. Flowers in the garden, broken glasses, dancing in the hallways. Mamma Mia indeed!

But I wouldn't go all the way to their Waterloo! Certainly wouldn't want the cracked floors, the garish 70s glitter or even three blokes crashing the party claiming to be my dad. That's what poor Sophie Sheridan had and I'd find that absolutely nightmarish. Sequins and platform heels? Ugh.

Phone
Dominic Cooper who plays the groom in the show!

But bring on the Abba for sure :)

If you haven't already seen this high-spirited romp Mamma Mia, what are you waiting for? The musical tells the tale of Sophie's search for her hitherto unknown birth father - writing a wedding invitation to the three men her hippie mother dallied with in the past. A big fat Greek wedding to be held on the island of Kalokairi, where her mother runs a charmingly crumbling hotel that’s perched above the sparkling blue sea. All interspersed beautifully with various Abba hits from Chiquitita to Take a Chance on Me.

And an amazingly gorgeous cast of Greek boys moving in and out of the background. Seriously. Damned distracting.

But we're here for the music of course! I felt like dancing in the aisles but I already had more than one member of the audience staring me down as I bust out a move from Super Trouper. Wet blankets!



And to think I had a colleague who has never even heard of Dancing Queen! Sacrilegious!

8 comments:

RPMnut said...

I retract my statement about ABBA.
THEY ROCK!
Now to see if I can convince the powers that be to have Super Trouper in RPM! :D LOL

Diran said...

I like the whole idea of having a wedding like that! Its like haloween all over!!WOOHOO!!!..haha........and ABBA always rox!!!

Mr.D said...

I want to watch too... Ok i am so going tomorrow!

Jaded Jeremy said...

I love it! Was a jukebox throughout the movie hehe.

Perky said...

Ooooh, I so can't wait to watch this movie!

And your colleague needs to be strapped to a chair & forced to listen to ABBA as punishment for never listening to Dancing Queen ;)

mrs phillippe said...

Never heard of Dancing Queen?!?!?! Like hello, dat's a sin, rite?? LOL

I think every PLU will just fall in love watching Mamma Mia! and probably blogged about it like U and me thee hee

I love the ABBA, the a gem even to me till dis day, I still listen to their music :-)

H.a.M.s.A.p said...

Yeah yeah, ditto! I want super troupers, dancing queens and cute boys in boardies when I get married too.

And Oh yeah, Dominic Cooper has a hot body..thats simply irresistable for my eyes not to see ~ O_O

savante said...

Finally! A new fan converted to the Abba Religion, nut!

Scandalous, right. But it should be crazy fun, diran.

Make sure you don't miss it, darren.

Same here, jeremy.

Planning to torture them. Bought the CD. Will play it at work, perky and mrs philippe.

And yeah, Dom Cooper is a treat :) But so were the other boys in the background, hamsap.

P