Saturday, June 25, 2005

Penang Daze

Well, took a short flight back up North for the wedding I mentioned. Have you guys noticed how cute some of the stewards in the planes are? Dang, I felt like slapping a few tight butts - and I certainly would have if they didn't overload my arms with magazines and peanuts. :)

So right now I'm in an old colonial pre-war coffeeshop in Penang ( that still serves thick black cofee and roti bakar! ), in one of the narrow streets and lanes... typing into an ancient terminal that is surprisingly hooked up to the internet! The floors are wooden planks that are old - and unsurprisingly rotten at parts but there are new shiny fixtures in the bathroom ( that was actually recently installed upstairs ). There is an old incandescent bulb flickering on the ceiling but there is also a new plasma screen that my uncle got from a trip to Singapore. Times are definitely a-changing and my grandfather would be helluva amazed! And grateful for the larger screen :)

Not sure how often I'll be online though since I have a pack of relatives waiting to use the terminal. Guess most of my cousins are grown up and hooked to the rest of the world too.

4 comments:

Will said...

Ohh yesss the stewards...but the cute ones are few and far between. Count yourself lucky. I meet hundreds of crew and there's only a few good men, literally.

savante said...

Only a few?! Ah, what a disillusionment. Next you're gonna tell me that not all interior decorators are gay!

Paul

Sven said...

Why do you think they are armed with peanuts and magazines in the first place? ;)

savante said...

Oh! How terrible! I knew there was a reason why they kept stuffing me with goodies :)

Paul