Monday, April 04, 2005

Red Eye

Ah, struck down today with red eye. Acute conjunctivitis - that's what my colleague told me which landed me right back home with a stern warning to remain there. :) She promised retribution ( some spanking was involved I believe ) if she even caught me wandering the hospital halls with a red eye. Almost providential in fact as it's given me a chance to avoid going out for dinner with Mormon Gordon after our fateful moment. After all, my eye might still be contagious.

Fortunately enough, I have a whole stack of Nip/Tuck DVDs to finish. Not to mention the Six Feet Under DVDs my ISO brought by knowing my odd tastes. What can I say, he can be sweet when we're not together ( meaning when we're not at each other's throats ).

And if that's not enough for the next few days, thankfully I still have my paints! Nothing like a few days off to get me going - probably gonna start painting the design on the hall credenza.

6 comments:

'drew said...

Shouldn't you be giving that eye some rest instead of bambarding it with DVDs?? Sounds like a good excuse to get away from a date that could turn into a disaster...men can be such emotionally flimsy creatures...so says the guy who cries in chick flicks. ;)

savante said...

Nah, bombarding my eyes with DVDs doesn't hurt it at all.

And Jason, if I started spreading the eye disease, my colleague will hunt me down :)

Paul

Anonymous said...

I had pink eye all the time as a child. I blame it on the Chucky Cheese-style places. I shudder to think what is in those ball pits.

I have this memory of being three years old and trying to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with one eye because the other eye was swollen shut.

It got to the point where I would no longer have a moment of panic if I couldn't open my eyes in the morning. I would just feel my way to the bathroom and stick my face in some warm water.

Sven said...

Blissfully ignorant of what Pink or Red Eye is, I still say ouch Mr Anon, that sounds bad.

Anonymous said...

I haven't had it since I was about 7 - so I don't remember all the details - but I don't think it was painful. Just kinda irritating. I remember being excited that I didn't have to go to school even though I felt fine otherwise.

savante said...

Well, for more info on the pink eye, Sven, you could check out my link :)

And it isn't painful, just irritating. But it's great to feel perfectly fine - and still barred from going to work. Gives me a chance to laze around catching DVDs. Inviting some pals over actually but I'll keep them at... arm's length.

Paul