Saturday, April 16, 2005

Topsy-turvy house

Just another housekeeping nightmare for me today.

Woke up this morning to find my house in disarray - and almost suffered an embolism. Books and magazines strewn all over the floor, pillows tossed to and fro, chairs overturned and glasses left all over the tables. It reminded me of a scene from one of my college days where I lived with a hundred other virile but hopelessly messy guys. No, I haven't had a full-fledged marine/fratboy orgy - though I certainly wish I did. Bet they would be cleaner.

This all actually describes my sister-in-law's novel method of housecleaning - which means none obviously. I never expected to find myself inheriting my mother's genes for finicky, obsessive housecleaning but guess what, I actually did. I can't stand seeing my home looking like a tornado just blew in :)

Damn. Guess I'll have to get the vacuum cleaner out. Where are the cute houseboys when you need them?

7 comments:

Sven said...

All the cute houseboys are just waiting to be hired Paul.. :)

Sven said...

If you hate dirt, then maybe Paul and I can share you? I hate cleaning (and I hate dirt too).

Joe said...

free houseboy! can i borrow him too?

savante said...

No problem. I'm good at sharing. Sven can have Jason for 6 months and I'll take the rest.

Paul

Sven said...

I was opting for more like every second week - I have a very small apartment...

Raph - summer in Sweden is pretty much like summer in Canada I would assume, but warmer. And about your (latest post) - too much information ;)

buff said...

That's an admirable trait, being fussy and particular about housekeeping. Wearing a jock with a duster attachment can make the job a lot less mundane. WOOF

savante said...

Jason in a jock with a duster attachment. I can actually see that!

Paul