Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Night creatures

Not only is my gaydar irrevocably busted but I'm finding it increasingly hard to find gay men in my lil town. Sure, it's a great place to live and work - and it's my hometown after all but dang, the gay life here sucks. Still I am still single, horribly tenacious and I don't give up so... I decided to give it a try and drove around, trolling the bars in search of something approaching a gay nightlife.

Since I came back alone, there is none obviously. :) I have come to the conclusion that I might be the only eligible gay man around these parts - apart from my ISO of course. Still I managed to dance with a few slightly inebriated ladies however.

I even took the time to go around this small park close to the historical enclave. After all, I have it on good authority that the GLBT makes the wooded area a popular haunt. Well, make that the gays and the transgenders since I have yet to hear of a lusty lipstick lesbian making the rounds in the park. Perhaps it was a little early for the nocturnal creatures to be out and about seeking their prey but the area was actually devoid of human presence. I've always wondered what makes gay men congregate in the unlikeliest of places. Shady highway stops? A shaded woodland park in the centre of town? Not even the hardiest nature worshippers would be skulking around the park at that unseasonable hour so it's obvious that the guys at the park were only after one thing.

Sex. Come on, is that all we're after? Sure, I'm certainly not hypocritical enough to deny my natural leanings, I do want sex - and lots of it in various positions and places but is that all? What happened to good conversation and a meaningful relationship?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, you so need to get laid...... =p

Still, it's no surprise that there are tons of singles out there desperate for sex, or something more. Trouble is it's very often their hectic work schedule makes a good social life nearly impossible. Maybe a change of scene?

grave_creek said...

haha! now now paul!! it seems that you wouldnt be against a little R and R with your iso?? lol!! resist temptation im sure there must be some guys hiding around somewhere?? have you looked in the trees?? just joking!!hihi

Anonymous said...

You seem to be having the same problem that we women have. All the good ones are taken and the scraps just aren't worth mentioning.

darlene from adwoff

savante said...

Yeah, I so need to get laid! And I'm trying not to depend on my ISO for a little R&R - though he wouldn't be averse to the idea!

Paul

Anonymous said...

Ummm, I just lurk through here occasionally. Love your writings. But I just had a weird idea.

From what you've said before, the problem with your ISO is he, ah, 'gets around'? Well, you don't suppose he's met other men who have told him that's not what their looking for? As you seem to be on decent speaking terms, you could ask him.

Nevermind, maybe too weird. I'm a freak. I'll go back to the dark corner of the web now.

savante said...

My ISO? Well, he does get around... and unfortunately there are gay men out there are who are all too willing to get around with him. By and large, most young gay boys are more interested in the quick satisfying fuck than putting up picket fences.

Paul

Sven said...

Methink you want a little bit of both of that Paul..?

savante said...

A quick, satisfying fuck behind the picket fences?

Paul