Friday, April 15, 2005

Third Man Out

Stale news, I'm sure, but it's still too great not to repeat. One of my favourite authors - and one of the wittiest, Richard Stevenson writes about a sarcastic, cynical hard-boiled detective called Donald Strachey - who incidentally happens to be gay. Although the business of sleuthing makes up the core of the stories, the sweet, funny relationship between Strachey and his erstwhile partner, Tim Callahan, adds some much-needed spice.

Donald Strachey

Best part would be the fact that the book's been made into a television series with Chad Allen in the title role! At first I was amazed to find out that Chad Allen had been chosen to play the craggy detective but when I searched for his face, I realized that he did look the part. For those who haven't seen him in some time, you'd be glad to know that he has aged tremendously from the innocent, fresh-faced kid in Dr Quinn Medicine Woman - and aged somewhat well, I have to admit.

1 comment:

savante said...

Totally agree! The image I had was the kid in Dr Quinn! Times change.

Paul