Saturday, January 07, 2006

Pestilent messages

As I'm supposed to remain impartial to the man, I promised myself that I wouldn't talk about Big Bicep Barry... but obviously I can't. Perhaps in a month I'll be cursing his name to the heavens - right after he announces to me that he actually has a winsome Vietnamese wife and seven lusty love-children stashed away in Bahau or something - but right now I'm enjoying myself in his company and that counts.

Dammit, it has to count. I know. Deeply in denial.

Since my weekends are inundated with rowdy relatives - and that wonderful, thoroughly unappreciated thing called sleep, I usually confine my precious Barry time to the weekdays, squeezed in after the late hours of his work and before my timed-as-clockwork sleep at midnight. Obviously those few hours hasn't given us a distaste for each other yet.

In the weekends though, I still manage to be quite a pest to the poor man by sending him irritatingly mind-boggling messages at work. When we first met - or should I say shoved myself brazenly into his notice, Barry divulged his age but somehow while pointedly ogling his mountainous pecs, there simply wasn't time to concentrate on what he was telling me so that important fact slipped my lustful mind.

Don't be shocked. I do know his blood type, his birthdate ( Sagittarius to my Scorpio! ) and I do know he's older than me by a handful of years but I'm just not sure how many fingers are in that hand. Let's face it, I'm a bloody snoop after all. I could dress it in fine linen and lace by calling it a particular inquisitiveness but hell, it's being a bloody snoop. And mysteries always drive me crazy insane.

Sending pestilent messages
Fuck. Is Paul bugging me with messages again?!


He's been playing coy since then about telling me his secret so my weekend messages are usually ongoing probing questions dealing with his age.

Paul : What do you think about people born in the year of the Ox? Are they stronger and more patient than most?
Barry : ( silence ) Is this about my age again?
Paul : Tell me.
Barry : It's a secret I'll carry to my grave. You'll never get it from my lips.
Paul : Grrr...
Barry : And I know how you dig a mystery.
Paul : By ye Gods, I shall find out!
Barry : Certainly wouldn't want you to think I'm too old!
Paul : Bloody hell, you look younger - and you're a damned sight fitter than me. I have the effort tolerance of an ailing man in his seventies.
Barry : Anyway I told you before.
Paul : I'll wrestle you and steal your wallet for a peek.
Barry : Just try it!

See how inane our messages can get sometimes? I can be such a sophomoric bimbo when occasion calls for it.

19 comments:

Derek said...

Yup Paul. Just enjoy the time with him. Savour the moment. We never know what tomorrow brings.

All the best. Those messages are inane for you, but extremely funny for us readers. LOL

Anonymous said...

Barry could well be an ox year, 'cause I am and he's as stubborn as me.

Now you know how I feel about trying to find your photo, Mr. Invisible Paul. :oP

Anonymous said...

You just threatened to wrestle him and he told you to go for it. PAUL!!! How many more signals do you need?!!

I say JUMP HIM. NOW.

Anonymous said...

The year of Ox? 33? :) Wait, wait, Paul, you look older than you are supposed to be? Remember to get more sleep even if you can't. Try!!1

Oil him up really nice and wrestle. please for readers' sake.

Anonymous said...

Only a dead donkey would not be able to sense the Paul-Big Bicep Barry romance going on. With messages swapped and shared like that, it's only a matter of time until you wrestle each other - in bed (and negating the need to be undressed). Now that we wanna see! :) Happy weekend, Paul! Thanks for your greetings! So sweet of you. :)

savante said...

Totally agree, Derek. Trying not to think of the future and just taking it slow and steady. Don't the messages sound so inane?! :)

Come to think about it, ru, Barry does have a resemblance to a big macho bull :)

Jamie, he has big biceps. If I wrestled him, I would lose and get squashed - and possibly not in a good way if he's straight.

Trying for as much sleep as I can :) Don't worry, shigeki, I have all sorts of nasty ideas when it comes to wrestling.

Paul

savante said...

Well, Mark, sometimes I'm terrified that he'll stumble on this blog - and obviously recognise what's being said. Thank God he doesn't read blogs.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Paul, I am having some colds today and how I wish I was in Malaysia now and you'll be treating me lol!!

Jay said...

I dunno about you, but 'Just try it' sounds like an invitation to me. G'wan, have a rummage in his pockets.

Musang said...

he said try it? he really said that? he's not drunk or whatsoever while telling you that?

hohohoho... i think you christmas present came in late... bad santa.

well, TRY IT!!! (read this out loud)

Anonymous said...

Oh and yes, Paul, it does count. :o)

Zemien said...

Someone might have mentioned it already, but I feel stupid for not realizing it earlier:

This is like a particular Sex and the City episode, where the girls try to draw the line between a gay straight man and a straight gay man.

Sigh.... I wonder what Big Bicep Barry will turn out to be... but I hope for your sake he's a straight gay man! :)

AJ said...

Oh twirl your little curls around your finger bashfully and let out a little giggle. You are SO in the making of0 having to wrestle a relationship...

Anonymous said...

Love the sms between the two of you. So cute...

Paul, you are like small kid who never seem to give up till he get what he want isnt it? he.he..

Maybe the reward for you persistance will be a "chocolate coated ice cream"..hehe...

savante said...

Chas, don't you hate having colds! Damn them!

Good idea Jay. Will definitely rummage in his pockets next time I see him - possibly Tuesday.

Only wish it was a present, musang. It could be a dare.

ru, what counts :O

Well, zemien, hope he's a straight gay man but with my luck he's gonna be a gay straight man.

AJ my hair is perfectly straight but I could try the giggle :)

Pakcik, I am persistent as hell! What chocolate ice cream is that?! :O

Paul

ça va pas la tête said...

belly cute conversation.... obviously he is very into you. ;)

Anonymous said...

"Certainly wouldn't want you to think I'm too old!"

Paul, if the man were straight and uninterested, he wouldn't care about being too old!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Paul, I meant that enjoying yourself in his company does count - as you said at the start of the post. :o)

savante said...

ca va, glad it doesn't make you all nauseous then :)

Ws, you make a very good point!

That's what you meant! Ru, yeah, he does make good company and even if it doesn't work out, it's nice to gain a friend ( who can possibly help move heavy furniture! )

Paul