Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Soundtracks

Had a pleasant evening with some of my friends, Shameless Shalom and Preity Posh, dining on cakes, calzone and cocktails while we tore various spotless reputations to shreds. There were moments of sobriety though as we talked about our floundering relationships ( if any! we're still all relatively single though )... Somehow the subject crept on to what we did for New Year and an embarassing flush crept up my neck as I mumbled through some hefty calzone ( with my sore throat ) on what I did for the New Year's. Obviously they missed what I said since they continued on - utterly oblivious - to my relief.

Not sure why I haven't confided in my friends here about some of my more troubling affairs - other than Handsome Hui who stumbled upon it - althogh I have called up some of my schoolmates like Eye Eddie. Despite blogging online for apparently all the world to see, it would surprise you guys that I'm actually a reticent, conservative guy. No sniggering over there! :) Current events notwithstanding, leaping into the occasional two-night-stand isn't something usual that I do on an everyday basis - although that would certainly perk up my life some. Unfortunately though, eligible gentlemen hanging out lures are few and far between since I'm a hideous homely creature with no portion to recommend me. Surely, even the matchmaking Mrs Bennet would have despaired.

Darien sent me a meme. Since I'm ever the obliging guy - and I occasional love memes I've decided to list some of the songs that played a particular moment in my life last year. Not that long a list I'm afraid. Since I know ru is gonna ask - and I wouldn't want to be accused of being reticent, one of the songs is the song I heard Big Bicep Barry perform weeks ago.

Stickwitu - Pussycat Dolls
Sway - Pussycat Dolls
Ai Hen Jian Dan - David Tao
Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson
A Love That Will Last - Renee Olstead
Get Your Way - Jamie Cullum

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

you meant last year? it's been only three days in year 2006. :-)

Stickwitu is really really intoxicating and nice. But it keeps playing over and over in your head after you actually hear it. It actually happened to me quite a bit. :-)

happy wednesday!

savante said...

Changed that last year bit immediately :)

Paul

Petie said...

Hmm... a TWO nightstands?? So it wasn't just a one times deal???

Boy, you really know know use the words like lawyers :ppp

Petie said...

BTW, you have not mention Yummy Yee for quite a while :) What happen to him? Have u already chew him up and spit him out? :P

MrBunnyBan said...

Hrm. I've never heard of any of these artists. Doesn't look like Jazz... with a name like Pussycat Dolls, I'd guess old, relatively unknown yet surviving bands/artists like the Pretenders or Eurythmics. Excluding David Tao, of course.

Memes, huh? The idea of meme theory came from evolutionary theory, but not quite in the form that Darien put up. I'm not sure if that qualifies...oh, nevermind.

Anonymous said...

oh my god!!! i really want to be a good reader and keep ur blog clean from my dramatic comments but i really need to get this out of my chest...

ai hen jian dan by david tao?!?! isn't that obvious enough?!?! he had expressed his feeling through the song itself!!! now recall back did he sing with full emotion while looking at u during the whole song?? i think i am hearing the wedding bells already...

excuse me if i am being dramatic...

Anonymous said...

i was in the middle of reading your list of song n i keep wondering why the name 'pussycat dolls' always make me laugh. Ha.ha..but yes, its indeed an addictive kind of song...but now I keep finding myself stuck with "don't forget about us". :(

there is nothing wrong being a conservative guy, but...TWO NITE stand...my my...are you hinting on something that is already there? or trying to acknowledge something that came out from the 2NS thingy but without the knowledge of the other party that involve.

..maybe he knows but pretend not to know...its always the case though..

at least, at the moment a hideous homely creature like you, managed to score big time :)

what a way to start a new year eh...he.he...

ps : like what chowhofun said.."any possibility of a wedding bells then?"..as the song that he choose to sing that day practically summarise everything, indirectly.

Anonymous said...

I got me-me'd too. I haven't heard any of the songs on your list, Paul, but I think you'll know at least one of mine. :o)

Thanks for saying which David Tao song it was, I've asked Leggie to send me an mp3 of it ... he's trying to educate me in Chinese songs, lar!

I think you've got loads of good points to recommend you, and I'm sure most of the guys who read your blog would agree with me. :o)

Anonymous said...

i like the song Stickwitu from Pussycat Dolls but one song that is playing in my head all the time is Be Mine by Robyn.

Anonymous said...

hey we love the same songs!
I'm a huge fan of jazz. Ya must listen to light n easy a lot, huh Paul?
but isn't it Jack Johnson who sang Banana Pancakes, not David Johnson?

You had a two-night stand?? I thought it was a one time deal? wow!

CTG said...

Hey Paul. Belated Christmas Wishes and Happy New Year. I hope 2006 will be a great journey for you. Thanks for all the support. I see you mention Pussycat Dolls - I must say that their music is growing on me too. Have a great day. take care, CTG.

savante said...

Two night stand as in two nights - not one, pete! :) Yummy Yee is around but still tagging at work which is why he's out of commission till about midnight.

Pussycat Dolls. Old!? Daniel, my poor boy.

chowhofun, I was way too flabbergasted when he went onstage to sing - and then I was too busy trying to listen to the words!

Well, pakcik, it's a twonightstand since it was two nights with Sam. Possibility of wedding bells? Don't get your hopes too high, boys.

ru, gonna check out your songs immediately!

Chas, Be Mine? Gotta find that song!

Gables, you are right. God, I am such a spaz. Changed it immediately.

Glad you loved it, ctg!

Paul

Petie said...

I meant it wasn't just one shag as you implied Paul :p

It wasn't just one tryst but two or more with Smiley Sam eh? :P

savante said...

Well, Pete, it was more than one time - but it was all lumped under the same tryst.

Paul

Anonymous said...

i can send you that song paul. If you have ym or msn! u can find my addies on my blog

Anonymous said...

Chas...can I have that song as well ;)