Monday, January 30, 2006

Something's Gotta Give

Unlike my lewd and unusually tawdry annual sexcapades during Christmas, my Chinese New Year celebrations are practically monastic in comparison. Familial gatherings, mandarin oranges, dvd movies and nary an open condom wrapper in sight. Like any other time of the year, my particularly hideous homely features tends to be overlooked by perpetually horny men in search of a good time.

I know... sometimes, I gotta say I prefer Christmas too. :)

Still it gives me time to reflect and catch up with some of the movies I've missed - and obviously some of the movies I loved in the past few years. Not to mention some of the good friends from my childhood who have joined me in my mission to finish an extended Lord of the Rings marathon tonight - along with a generous helping of yee sang and alcohol. Ever since my revelation last year, some of these friends are already privy to the fact that I'm a raging homo so I can lust quite openly ( within the narrow borders of proper conduct of course ) over the charms of a certain blond elf called Legolas :)

Keanu Reeves
Come take my cherry, sir?

Before the whole gang descended upon my place, I spent the early part of the day sighing over Keanu Reeves in Something's Gotta Give where he plays a charming, intelligent doctor who falls for the older woman played by a particularly luminous Diane Keaton. The ending never fails to amaze me as it seems almost incredible that someone would choose the surly aging playboy ( played by Jack Nicholson ) over the sweet doctor. If the doctor had only been a pretty face, it would have been an obvious choice. But dammit, he had looks, he had charm, he had brains... the lucky bastard had the whole package and yet he was overlooked for Jack Nicholson, of all people!

Certainly no accounting for taste!

11 comments:

Jay said...

Well, the movie's not meant to be terribly believable anyway. I mean, Keanu Reeves - a doctor?

BTW that's NOT a cherry!

Musang said...

this would meant one thing la babeh...

keanu is closeted gay and diane saw it.

now are you happy?

hrugaar said...

Women's choice of men is often inscrutable. :o\

Keanu in the afternoon, followed by Orlando Bloom three times in the evening .. sounds like a darned good day to me! :o)

Anonymous said...

LOTR I, II, and III. Hot, sweaty, dirty manly guys doing manly things! Can't go wrong there! I lurved Legolas too. Have you seen him in Pirates of the Carribean?

Kiss My Mike said...

Maybe Keanu doesn't know how to use his "package" well....

Squido said...

Maybe Jack Nicholson has a long -ahem- pole while Keanu has a gherkin?

savante said...

Yeah, I know it's not a cherry :) Only it sounded better that way, Jay :)

Musang, you know what, I am happy.

ru, if only that were true. keanu in the afternoon and Orlando three times at night!

Yeah! Seen him in the Pirates, sue.

Yeah, but he was such a nice guy, Mike! In the movie, I mean. And size doesn't mean everything, does it, Squido? :)

Paul

Legolas said...

Legolas, hmmm...

hcpen said...

I am glad your friends took it alright and one even had the courage to ask if ya had the hots for him....i think from everything i have heard, ppl (incl guys) under 30 nowadays have no problem accepting their gay friends, times have REALLY changed for the better...happy chinese new year.

Anonymous said...

Never watch the movie yet...

savante said...

Yeah. Legolas :)

hcpen, most guys our age are pretty tolerant actually.

Go watch pakcik!

Paul