Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Riled up

Every time I think I'm actually a wilting wallflower, I do something absolutely unpredictable that makes me realize that I'm actually... far removed from the wallflower of my imagination. There were persistent rumours that my superiors had the intention of making changes in my department that would have been detrimental to my health - and especially my social life ( it's already pathetic enough! ). They were talking of extending our working hours and curtailing some of our perks ( not that we actually have all that many! ).

Well, nothing gets me more riled up than someone stepping on my foot on purpose. And when I get riled up, I don't fearfully retreat inside my shell and wail helplessly at the heavens searching for answers while wringing my hands - I actually tend to go more than a little crazy. Somehow or rather, when I get a hit, I don't stay down... I tend to get up running mad. Not only did I march straight up to the office for a confrontation, I also prepared several militant letters of complaint ( ready to be mailed to the Director, the Medical Association and even the newspaper ) and prepared a whole long list of gripes to bring forward to my colleagues - hoping to incite a bloody riot at work.

There were even a few wild homicidal ideas like the ones I'd once planned for the hapless Bountiful Betty but I didn't dwell too long on them since I only reserve slow, painful deaths for my erstwhile rivals. Agonizing, balls-twisting torture is quite enough for some of the more deserving ones at work, followed by an early morning bayoneting.

Fortunately for my sake ( and my poor boss ) it turned out to be only a rumour. My overzealous, placard-waving side remains hidden in the closet for another day. But I made sure that I kept the letters safely in my files for future ammunition.

Still, I needed some juicy red meat for dinner to work off my pent-up frustration. Thought of calling him out for the gory bloodfest but I figured Big Bicep Barry wouldn't have approved of my carnivorous habits :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello Paul!! Hey if you like, I can find a very nice template and makeover your blog! Just send me an email for some ideas as well.

Anonymous said...

I hope that remains just a rumor. But in any case, isn't it truee that when there's smoke, there's fire? That rumor could not have started without some bearing on some reality going around. Just be on guard should things turn bad. Good luck and good day to you! :-)

Anonymous said...

getting perks for doing a good job is great. "Losing" perks because the administration feels like it is downright dirty and war-worthy. Glad it didn't come to that.

savante said...

Chas! Get a cute template. Not too snazzy though since I'm essentially a plain, simple guy at heart.

Mark, I know. I'm keeping an ear to the ground.

Don't worry, Brian, I'm always war ready!

Paul

Anonymous said...

If they are having difficulties financially, there are some bitter medecine all the employees have to take. But I hope the management is great enough to come up with an alternative plan. :)

But you could get yourself a great read meat or maybe, BBB's. :-)

Good luck!

hrugaar said...

Seems to have been a day for getting riled. Red meat just makes me more vicious and blood-hungry, though.

Maybe you should have dragged Barry along for the meatfest, then slammed him against the wall and deflowered him to get rid of some of that frustration. ;oP

Anonymous said...

Do you have any exes who HAVEN'T mysteriously disappeared only to turn up later in a waterproof toy chest?

Anonymous said...

Why dont you change job?; hmm..why I make it like that is such an easy thing to do :)

Meatfest? Go for orgy my dear...that should satisfy your inner frustration...

Anonymous said...

just send me an email paul at post@likebanana.com with password and username. Dont forget to tell me the colours that u like or something like that. TC

AJ said...

Fresh Meat.. is always good!

And if they do take away your perks, just swipe some pills, instruments and gall bladders & sell them on Jonker Street :oP

Anonymous said...

hehehe... the pretty pansy on the warpath! u sound absolutely cute, paul!

and yes, i recently met a whole lot of blogger friends, so i know what u mean when u talk about how u expect them to be a certain way, and how they turn out to be something quite different!

;-)

Squido said...

-imitates Paris Hilton-

Red meat makes me hot. And that's hot. ;)

savante said...

shigeki, I doubt that the management thinks of us :) But we can hope.

Deflowering hot guys sounds good, ru. I am so gonna eat more red meat.

James, no toy chest but I do have a nice Balinese chest at the end of my bed. And it's obviously hot as squido says.

pakcik, change my job? To what?

aj, that sounds like a good idea.

Pretty pansy on a warpath :)

Paul