Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Planning a trip

While at work today, I picked up a women's lifestyle magazine from my colleague - trying to keep my mind off the caffeine! - and read it while my overly talkative patient was heavily sedated. Hell I actually love reading them - and it's a secret guilty pleasure of mine. It's just so great reading those quaint articles like How to find out if Your Boyfriend's Cheating ( yeah, I should have checked it up with my ISO ) and Five Fabulous Ways to a Better You. Shallow, superficial, terrible to one's self esteem - but hey, it's still fun.

One of the fab ways mentioned in the magazine was actually to plan a trip. Supposedly planning forward to a trip or any event jumpstarts the endorphins so I started following the advice. This time I've decided to place placards all over the department ( hell, the whole hospital! ) advertising the fact that I might be leaving on a certain date so that it doesn't get cancelled at the last moment. No way are they gonna Bogart my plans again! So I'm down to a choice between Turkey, Italy or Morocco again.

With the rising euro, I might have to shelve the hot Italian boys for the time being. It would be too sad to walk down the streets of Florence and find myself too poor to even afford those incredible leather boots! Then I recalled the floors in my house and I wondered what it would look like with some amazing Turkish rugs... and perhaps some Moroccan lamps on the ceiling!

5 comments:

grave_creek said...

ohhhh..i like a men who plans in advance!!!lol!!! i am going to study in london,that is if my application is accepted!! fingers crossed,and im already starting my list of things to bring!!lol!! im not even sure of going and im already surfing the internet trying to find the perfect coat to buy when ill be arriving there!! can you say thinking way too much in the future!!! in my opinion planning for a trip is half the pleasure of the trip itself. thinking of places to go ,dreaming of things to buy,even the packing of the luggage!!!! i get such a guilty pleasure in making a TO BUY list before going!!!hihihi what can i say!! im just a shopping freak!!now my parents have even started to get on the badwagon and are planning to come to london to leave me and also to tour europe!! ohh la la!! im salivating at the prospect of going to paris and milan !!!

Jay said...

Oooh what fun. Are you sure Italy's out? It's gorgeous - I spent about 20 days there with a then-bf, travelling from Rome to Florence to Verona to Milan to Venice to Bologna and then back to Rome. Bliss.....

Turkey and Morocco sound suitably exotic though. And Turkish men btw are totally hot.

grave creek: Don't bother surfing the net for clothes! Depending on when you get here, you should be able to pick up tons of stuff in the sales. Even cheap-as-chips stuff from GAP and H&M are slashed to practically nuffin.

grave_creek said...

hahaha thanks jay!! im sure ill be spending most of my time at h&m ,but ive decided to save up(and with the help of my parents money lol!!)am planning on buying a coat from alexander mcqueen!!! so thats why ive been browsing through the internet,looking through the winter collections so that i have an insight of what will be in the shops come the winter season!!! since its gonna be an expensive investment i want to be sure to ckeck all of my possibilities before making a choice!!

Anonymous said...

oh OH oh...you're just gonna LOVE this!

Not only am I southern. BUT I'm half-Italian, too. What could be better? A half-Italian, Half-Irish, Southerner with an adorable lil accent?

Are you drooling yet????

savante said...

Jay is perfectly correct. Get a cheap sweater/coat first. Then go to London and wait for the mega sales! You'd go insane!

Jason, I am drooling now.

Paul