Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Bedtime Stories

Didn't have coffee today! :) An achievement of sorts.

Came home a lil late tonight since I had a night out with some of my colleagues from work, Tiny Tim and Tina - and also Shameless Shalom. Had a delicious dinner of crabs, clams, squid and prawns over at the Portuguese Settlement ( gonna play havoc with my diet for sure - and earn my ISO's ire! ) while we dissed our superiors and other colleagues at work - and made fun of our poor, hapless patients.

Bedtime


Some of you might have wondered why Bedtime Stories? I have been asked that before actually on my other site. :) One of the reasons is the time I write. Usually my hours are packed and the only free time that I have left for myself - and obviously the few hours that I have to get online - are in the later part of the evening. Close to my bedtime... and my unfaithful ISO used to wonder what I was typing away and I'd reply 'My Bedtime Stories'. Used to drive him crazy with curiosity as he wondered what I was writing since I flat out refused to let him see my stories.

At work too, I tend to spend my free time reading. I used to try reading medical textbooks but that's an instant sedative and I usually end up snoring blissfully away on the cardiac table. So that's definitely out, so nowadays I rely on a blend of fantasy/romance/sci-fi to keep me wide awake. My boss tends to call those my bedtime stories - since it looks like I'm reading stories to my anesthesized patients.

Before I forget, the gorgeous guy sleeping nicely on the white sheets isn't me. If I looked that good, I'd be modelling underwear - and not injecting anesthetics into occasionally weepy patients. :)

5 comments:

bibliobibuli said...

>I usually end up snoring blissfully away on the cardiac table

That's funny!

savante said...

Just don't let my boss know! :)

Paul

grave_creek said...

hey paul,speaking of your other site,ive been dying to know whats gonna happen in the " the new year"?? no pressure or anything,but what im wondering is if it still has many chapters to go ,or is it nearing the end??
ps: so whats the deal with tiny tim and tina?? still in their " we are so in love we act the same" phase??

Anonymous said...

hey, great site ...

just a request .. could you do a post on life in malaysia for gay people .. I understand its a Muslim country, so wouldn't homosexuality be generally strongly opposed ?

Oh, and I see Toilet Bowl is on your blog roll - that's like my favorite site also :)

savante said...

Will have a new update on New Year soon. I hope.

Tiny Tim and Tina were sitting so close together - an atomic particle couldn't get in between them.

Paul