Saturday, May 28, 2005

Weekend funk

What can I say? I hate working Saturdays. It takes ages to summon up enough energy to slam the alarm clock, drag myself out of bed and stumble into the shower to clear the sleep from my eyes. Going back to work again on Sunday with an on-call makes it even worse - and leaves me in a crabby, depressed funk throughout the weekend. It really is a drag.

The one thing that really brightened up my day was DVD Dan. Went by his shop to return the DVDs I leased - Golden Girls, if you guys recall correctly - and flirted outrageously with him. There was one time when he was talking that I felt like grabbing his face and planting a wet one on him. No dimples but still, the shy smile on that cute face sure made it worth the dreary 10 km drive from my house in suburbia. :)

Secondhand Lions


Still I managed to get a recommendation from him and I've settled down for the evening with a bunch of Secondhand Lions. Good-old fashioned Southern fun with Haley Joel Osment - and not in that way! ( What dirty thoughts! He's barely a teenager! ).

Anyway, my ISO is back for the weekend again and plans to bring over some baked fish - to take my mind off my call tomorrow.

8 comments:

Sven said...

ISO commuting?

Baked fish?

ISO is nice to you.

grave_creek said...

ouhhh... is that some kind of peace offering or something?? lol!! maybe hes trying to show you his domestic side!! who can resist a hunk who knows how to cook??hes getting better and better!!!lol!

Sven said...

My bet is it's take-away..

grave_creek said...

hihihihihi!!! sven you are so mean!!lol!!! at least give the poor guy the benefit of the doubt!!yupp im a sucker for the bad guys!! lol!

Sven said...

Not mean, just don't think ISO is the home-cocking type, is all.

savante said...

Yeah, Sven, he can be nice sometimes. And you're right. He doesn't cook all that much. Definitely not the home-cocking type ( hope that was a typo, Sven :) )

It was takeaway ikan bakar... baked fish, sort of. There's a stall just close to my house.

Paul

Sven said...

lol - yup, typo, too tired when i posted, comes from usual mix-up with the swedish kock :)

grave_creek said...

yah was wondering bout that whole home-cocking and all!!lol!! me and my imagination!!! so it was take-away huh?? guess i owe you a drink sven!!!lol!!!
speaking of which..how was the dinner?? any action we should know of??