Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A bad week

Definitely a bad week for me. After getting the unfortunate news of my rejection that left me reeling a few days back, today I had another rejection... the rejection of my leave application. With the department shorthanded at the moment, it seems I won't be able to take leave for a short trip to Bali. After checking up on the place, getting the details ironed out and getting my bags packed, the last-minute rejection certainly threw a damper on the rest of the day. But of course... I don't get sad, I get seethingly mad. That unwelcome news had me feeling pissed off for a large portion of the morning - probably bit off the heads of some of my unfortunate colleagues.

God, I definitely need a break! Maybe my chakra's a lil off lately or something - and it needs to be cleansed.

5 comments:

grave_creek said...

ohh..thats to bad!! i know how badly you were rooting to go on this trip!! well guess it was a good thing you bought that door after all since youre not gonna go ....cheer up!! for every cloud there is a rainbow!!

Anonymous said...

Damn, Paul, that really sucks. Whoever rejected your leave should be drug out into the street and shot.

Nah, nothing so grandios. Just catch them in the alley and beat the hell out of them. That'll make you feel better. *laughs*

Not that I advocate violence or anyything....

'drew said...

That sucks, I'm sure you'll be able to take a vacation to Bali next time and I'm sure you deserve a well earned break...meanwhile, don't get too upset about it because it's Dr. Paul to the rescue!!! :P

Anonymous said...

Would it help if you took your vacation in your mind, for example, writing the story of a beleaguered doctor who gets a vacation in Bali and meets a complicated and demanding guy who involves all sorts of romance and intrigue and family upheaval?

Or is that too broad a hint?

savante said...

Thanks for the pep talk, guys. I've already gotten over that somewhat - and now planning a trip even further than that.

Lucy, I get the hint :)

Paul