Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Couples

Tiny Tim and Tina have returned from their honeymoon, brief as it was - they actually went to Cameron Highlands, a hill resort not too far away. Although they're now officially husband and wife, I pray that they have learned to live separately now.

Everyone knows of such couples... two perfectly independent individuals who suddenly find themselves joined magically at the hip once they become a couple. They sit together at meals, finish each other's sentences, go everywhere together as a unit... you get the idea. It is like they've lost the ability to think as separate sentient individuals. That's exactly what happened to Tiny Tom and Tina once they got together.

I envy them their closeness but i don't think I could emulate such behaviour. I could have sworn that I never did any such thing when I was with my ISO. I never clung desperately to him during meals. I never cooed and petted him in public. I never called him every half hour to tell him that I adored him. I simply can't do that! I certainly don't intend to fawn and drool over my boyfriend as if he's my sole reason for living. That kinda spineless, co-dependent behaviour actually makes me want to hurl.

Then again, maybe I should have. :) I actually messaged my ISO with this comment and he just sent an infuriating smilie in return. What exactly does that mean?

3 comments:

grave_creek said...

a smiley hein??? well that helps a lot !lol!! i definitely know what youre talking about!! ive been living with these type of people for 19 years!! you guessed it ,my parents!! it gets worst with time i assure you!! wait till they buy matching tracksuits ,then you can puke!!!lol

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hate it when people smiley me instead of typing something. I don't know what it means either, other than maybe he gets charged per letter or something. Smiley's...bah.

savante said...

I know exactly what you mean! I have him pretty much the same answer. Smilie, bah!

Paul