Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Grown Up Christmas List

It's that time of the year again. Kinda a yearly tradition for me. I know I'm obliged to release this to my friends and family so I might as well share it with you guys online. Did the Christmas List the year before as well.

Hate to come up with a list since it robs me of the surprise - but I'm bowing to family pressure. Turns out I'm surprisingly hard to shop for - since I tend to buy the things I want ( the second it comes out on the shelf! ) so it's hard to find something I haven't purchased if I'd wanted it. Dangerous shopping for me since chances are I'd already have it.

And if I haven't purchased it, I'm probably not that into it. Unless it's astronomically priced - Bruno Maglis boots? Tiffany cufflinks?

Reflection
How about a nice jacket or two?

So even Charming Calvin's scratching his head right now wondering what to get me. He's not the only one. Let's face it, I do have some other friends who don't seem to know what I want for Christmas. And Captain Underpants so doesn't count. Neither do glow-in-the-dark anatomically correct skeletons.

So rather than come up with a stereotypically girlish whine of an answer...

Boy : So what do you want for Christmas?
Girl : But you should already know me! After all this years, how can you not know me?! Don't I mean anything to you?

Yeah, I don't do that. :P So I've decided to come up with the Christmas List ( with further additions once I think of 'em ).

DVDs

Mamma Mia! The Movie ( Two Disc Special Edition )
Monarch of the Glen Season 2 and 3 DVD
Brothers & Sisters Season 2 DVD
Mirage of Blaze OVA : Rebels of the River's Edge
Antique Bakery DVD Vol 1

Books

The Adventures of Tintin: Collector's Gift Set
Daemons are Forever by Simon R. Green
Too Many Curses by A. Lee Martinez
Slay and Rescue by John Moore

Toys

Nokia E90 or some generic Blackberry
Lego Cafe Corner 10182, Green Grocer 10185, And Market Place 10190 Collectors Set
McFarlane Toys : Sawyer Lost Figure
Fate/Stay Night : Rin Tosaka Action Figure
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya : Kizumi Itsuki Action Figure
Spain Barbie Doll
Jazz Diva Barbie Doll
Empress of the Golden Blossom Barbie Doll
Isle of Lewis Celtic Chess Set





So Christmas lists are important. Should have learnt my lesson from years back when I bought a festive gift for a cutie high school crush of mine - Sexy Sanjeev - only to find that he'd intended to give me the same. Imagine the embarassed chuckles when we both opened our presents to see the same CD! Coincidentally we bought each other Mariah Carey's Christmas album. Till now I hear this song and I see his handsome, stubbled face.

So what would you want in your stocking this Christmas? Seems like my friends will be doing a Secret Santa deal again in a bid to economize. Wonder who's gonna be mine.

12 comments:

AJ v2 said...

i didn't know that u r a barbie doll collector ;P

anyway, dun be so mean to calvin....he's asking b'coz he wants to get the perfect gift for u

Anonymous said...

Hey, look at the bright side. At least you are celebrating. As for me, i have to skip out the family tradition due to work...sad=( I wonder how i am going to spend it.

Alice said...

Wow.. thats the longest-most detailed list i see on9 this year. .

Sam said...

Oh it's going to be SOOOOOO easy gift-shopping this year.

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

Yeah....I'm with AJ. Dunno you're a Barbie doll collector. But I'm a new reader here so there you go....

In any event, I really want the "10th Kingdom" DVD in my (non-existing) sock. Do you know of that show? OR OR!!! Britney and Beyonce's new CDs.

Yes I love Britney. And no, I am not ashamed. =D

Anonymous said...

You watch Mirage of Blaze and Antique Bakery? Seriously? And you collect Barbie?!

You're a weird fella. But I still like you =]

Medie007 said...

i have trouble coming up with a list... sigh

Perky said...

Wah... almost everyone I know has quite a long wish list. I only have 2 things in mind for my Christmas list:
1) My credit card debts are ZERO.
2) MacBook :)

savante said...

Now that Perky mentioned it, AJ, a MAcbook would be perfect :P

Working on Christmas? Really, Adrian!

Trying to get away from Capt Underpants, leo.

Oh yes it is, Sam.

Yeah I saw the new Beyonce CD out. Heard a few songs, Dramatic One. Wonder whether it's worth.

Sure I do. And I'm not a freak, I swear, Lada :P

Well you gotta! And check it twice, ah bong.

Isn't your credit card debt zero yet, perky?

P

Perky said...

1 card is already totally zero. Got another one, which I still have the habit of swiping *sigh*

Anonymous said...

I am regular reader of your blog. Actually, all I want for christmas is someone to share it with me. That is beside attending midnight mass. Never mind I should be contented...=)

RRP said...

Glad to see that you're also still into Legos. Fond childhood memories.