Monday, November 24, 2008

The Scooby Gang Past Midnight

I got woken up by what I'm starting to term the Scooby Gang at some ungodly hour this morning. Any other intern who'd dare do the same for no valid reason ( other than a dire emergency! ) would have been chewed up and spit out. Yet at that unseasonable hour, I got a call from a far from sober Strapping Shane demanding a meet up with him and the rest of the Scooby Gang.

Dropping by to see me at the hospital at 3 in the morning.

You can imagine my reply.

Shane : Hey, can we drop by?
Paul : WTF. Only reason you should call at 3 in the morning is for a near-death situation.
Shane : I'm not near death.
Paul : Trust me, you will be.

Okay. So I'm not so charming at that hour.

Not only is sleep my prrrreeeecious but hello. Just rolled out of bed, my hair's in a mess, I have bad breath and I'm clad in hideous scrubs. No self-respecting gay man - even a bad one like me - would dare show himself in public. Much less come down to meet a bunch of raging lesbians :) For shame! I'd probably risk losing my pink passport!

BTW yes, that's the Scooby Gang. A rag-tag group of raging lesbians and ... relatively laid-back fags ( well, in comparison! ) involved in a sacrilegious blog full of passionate rants to disseminate facts about homosexuality to the world. Think Velma and Shaggy with better fashion sense. With a big dawg or two as well.

Scooby Gang
The Scooby Gang out to save the world!!
BTW Velma and Shaggy are to the right.

And yeah, I'm in the Scooby Gang as well. Perhaps I'm Scrappy.

Surprised that we haven't all met yet - since we made contact only through our online alter-egos - the Gang decided to make it official by congregating at the Marketplace. Unfortunately I couldn't make it since I was at work. Certainly didn't deter the Scooby Gang from calling up after their inevitable pubcrawl. The Scooby Gang changed their minds soon enough after noticing how crabby I was at 3 in the morning. My apologies to the Velmas :)

So I made up for it later by taking Strapping Shane and Delish Dom for an early breakfast instead. Yes. Dom & Sum for DimSum. Since the raging lesbians had called it an early morning, the boys were kind enough to wait up for me to totally dish about their night. So much so that I'm already getting curious about the missing Velmas.

So when is the Scooby Gang meeting up again?

4 comments:

Alice said...

Isnt Freddie P. Jr supposed to be Fred (in blue) ?? :|

Unknown said...

Scoooby Soooby doo??

i tot u oncall? hahaha. dim sums.. *drools.*

sien. india no dimsum =(

RPMnut said...

Maybe I should drop by your hospital at 3am someday, eh, Savante? :P

savante said...

Well leo, he is in blue!

YEs, oncall but I try to catch some winks if I can, aaron.

Booty calls are the exception, Nut :)

Paul