Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Will Work for Coffee

I'm yawning.

Seriously. It's barely after lunch and I'm still yawning. Deep inside - despite the general advice that sleep is beneficial, I think most highly-strung kiasu physicians actually look upon extreme lethargy as a form of weakness. That they actually despise.

Trust me though I'm trying to overcome that particular trait. I like my sleep. Even then I'm usually not the perpetually yawning sort. These days however we're all barely keeping awake.

Of course it doesn't help when the hospital's depriving us of caffeine. Why else would you find a gaggle of sleepy-eyed doctors early in the morning staring woefully at the pantry table only to find the bag of caffeine shockingly bereft.

As it has been empty for the entire week.

Reflection
Some coffee please.

Only to weep silently as we're handed our meagre milo and tasteless cream crackers. None of which helps to keep us awake.

Isn't there an unwritten rule out there that doctors only work for caffeine? Why are they denying us our basic rights? Really, could there be some malicious sadist out there doing a study on the effects of caffeine withdrawal? Has the prices of coffee risen despite the tumbling share markets? Are the coffee-growing nations forming an embargo ( in league with the coffee store chains! ) against our country? Has there been a nationwide fatwa banning the drinking of coffee in case it causes widespread licentiousness?

Sorry. It's the lack of caffeine.

17 comments:

nase said...

I cannot imagine a day without my usual shot of caffeine!

AJ v2 said...

owh my~!!

i'm not a coffee person....

would rather drink red-bull if i need to stay awake :)

Perky said...

I won't be surprised if there is going to be a fatwa banning coffee in the future. Our country is very capable of coming up with that kind of bs. lol! ;)

I love coffee too. The blacker the better :)

Alice said...

Coffee depletion or extinction can lead to world catastrophe.

There will be the increment of accidents on the road and the birth of grouchy human beings will be increased as well.

See how addiction can lead to malicious outcome. .

L

Rae P said...

and here i thought you only take tea with everything xD

Americans!! :D

p/s: coffee fatwa >> don't give ideas to the religious zealots xD

Anonymous said...

any luck with the house hunt?

RPMnut said...

Lack of coffee in the pantry should be a valid reason for a strike, I reckon....

Bengbeng said...

i prefer 100 plus a a 'pick me up' :)

Dave said...

Yes yes yes! Thank goodness the pantry in my office has endless supply of caffine. Just take a look:

Nescafe 3-in-1 coffee, Instant teh tarik, instant 3-in-1 milo, instant kopi-o bag, instant ginger tea, tea bags, milk, ice cream.

For me, I stock up some chocolate powder and floral tea bags to keep me awake.

And just recently, Nescafe Mocha in cans began to pop out in our fridge. hehehe

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

No coffee? No coffee??!!

What insanity is this??!

Perky said...

oh yeah, i also gave u an award :)

Cyclohelix said...

Not a coffee person, i take caffeine-ed soft drinks instead, 3 gulps of it will give me at least 2 hours :X

__S.B__ said...

know where your coming from i have heaps of coffee, and i work in a lawyers office and we have shit loads of work to do never stops

Jason said...

Go and stock up. In your drawer of course.

savante said...

Neither can I, nase! Not sure what happened to the stock!

But that would make us far too excited, aj :P Gotta keep some cool.

Let's see if they do take the suggestion, perky.

Totally agreed, leo. It should be an essential item :P

Nah, we do love our coffees, raeshad. Hence the proliferation of coffee shops.

Not yet, closetalk. Still waiting for the stars to fall. Out of the buildings.

Could we sue them, nut? :P

Does that work, beng?

Started stocking a few in my bag as well, dave.

I know! I am tempted to pitch a fit, dramatic one!

But that's the reason we take it, helix.

Bet they give you donuts too, sb! Lawyers love to splurge!

I know. Hiding a few now, jason.

P

.:: Ant ::. said...

Time to splurge on an expresso-maker? Ur room will be the hot fav of many colleagues!

KY said...

Coffee..Kill me better if I don't get one at early morning. :)