Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fashion Flirt

See that slinky model sashaying down the runway with the flashbulbs bursting while the marveling audience ooh and aah over the avant garde designs? Bet you've been wondering who exactly gets invited to such fashionable events.

I've wondered as well. Turns out it's fabulous singletons in skyscraping heels with their gay boyfriends in tow.

Chuck Bass
Eh, he invited me for this?

When Zany Zinedine sent out the invitations, I turned it down almost immediately. Contrary to popular expectation, girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes are not one of my favourite things. Change that to boys in white boxers with blue satin bows and I'd be more inclined to join the party. But Zinedine assured us all that it would be a fun night for all - and that he needed the support - so we all gave in.

Guess he didn't need all that much support since half of Marketplace had come along for the ride. :)

Me, I had corralled Fabulous Fiona and Graceless Grace to lend me some support. Don't know what critical Grace thought of the entire fashionable affair since she supposedly has no inkling about my sexual inclinations - obvious though they may be. Rather than spell it out, I was hoping the obvious gay factor of the fashion show would snap the lightbulb on in her head.

I know. I'm so procrastinating in telling her. Not sure what's stopping me either.

Chuck and Blair
Fiona : OMG. Did you see the hunk who just passed by?
Paul : You mean the cute one with the boyfriend? Or the scary-ass Amazon girlfriend?

My fellow Lush, Fiona had no such qualms about letting me wallow in the closet of course! Certainly lost no time in pointing out the surrounding hunks. Doubt she had much fun ogling though since quite a number of the cute guys around only had eyes for one another.

Fiona : Ooh, he's cute.
Paul : Take a closer look - I think he's flirting with that guy. But I love the way his gray boxer-briefs hug his cute tush.
Fiona : Haven't reached that low down yet, ya skank.
Paul : Wonder whether he'd punch me if I copped a feel.
Grace : What are you guys talking about?
Paul : Ooh, look at that pretty dress!

Yes. Fortunately we had the dresses to draw our attention.

To-die-for, I swear. And for once I think it just might look good on a regular person rather than those stick-thin models on the runway :) Hell, I was half tempted to try squeezing myself into a daring Darimeya tunic dress if a fellow fashionista in killer boots hadn't gotten to it first. Even the incomparable Miss Blair Waldorf would have deigned to give them a second look.

5 comments:

Alice said...

What a fabulous party it turned out to be. =O

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul,
Nice to see you in your non-stop chatty self in the pantry. We must get together one of these days. When are you coming to my OT?

Anonymous said...

boxers and not tighty-whiteys??? u gotta be kiddin' me! lol.

Anonymous said...

Oh to have a bevy of beauties parading before ye... One can expire most happily...

savante said...

Certainly did, leonardo!

One of these days certainly, louis. Give me a buzz.

Well I didn't tug them down for confirmation, closetalk!

What beauties, life? :)

Paul