Monday, August 11, 2008

Original Sin

Rambling Raoul remains a man of few words.

Coming up to the age of 2 in a few months time, my nephew Raoul still remains stoically silent preferring to let his actions speak for himself rather than using verbal expression. While his prodigy of a sister - Chatty Carmen - had already started doing dramatic monologues not seen since Emily of Emerald Hill by that time.

Not that he's incapable of speech! But although he babbles detailed, convoluted tales full of secret pathos to his imaginary friends when no one's within hearing range, he stubbornly keeps mum when questioned by everyone else eager to hear him speak.

On the move
On a secret rendezvous!

No doubt a secret agent from the cold war in his past life.

Especially since Raoul seems to be forever having something to hide. Every once in a while, there'll be a quick look of mischievious devilry followed by a childish giggle. Yet no one has a clue to exactly why.

Perhaps I've got an idea though. Since I frequently laugh to myself - for what seems ( to everyone else at least! ) to be no apparent reason. Psychotic breaks aside, I actually have lots of wicked ideas in my head that I rarely carry out to fruition. If I did, I'd have been branded a homocidal psychotic by my enemies ( numbering hundreds ) and locked up in bedlam long since.

So I restrain my malicious impulses when I can.

And cackle hysterically to myself as I imagine the wildly contrived demise of my enemies. So each time I snicker gleefully to myself, you'll know why. Raoul would empathize, I'm sure.

Raoul : How dare that lil brat in tacky hand-me-downs steal my Legos? Hope he chokes on the red piece. HAHAHAHA. Maybe I'll hand a bigger piece to him.

Fierce.

5 comments:

Little Dove said...

May I enlist your services to dispose my sworn enemies? ;p

NotHamsap said...

maybe he is not that evil~~I started to talk at the age of 2 too after continously being suspected to be a mute~~but I don't remember having any monstrous ideas inwardly. lol.

nase said...

so many enemies you have, I see. hmmm.....hehe

Ision said...

I have always observed children as being the most manipulative on the planet!

They deserve Academy awards... the lot of them!

:p

savante said...

You gotta pay well though, lil dove.

Bet you forgot all about it, not hamsap :)

Hardly any, nase.

Certainly some of them, ision but I think it's mostly unconscious though!

Paul