Sunday, October 28, 2007

Ex Communication

I'm sure some of you would have gotten the wrong idea about my purported one night stand in Singapore.

Well, if you count that as two guys spending the night at McDonald's in Orchard trash talking while gulping down endless milkshakes. Why not a jug of sangria, you say? Well since my hands tend to wander shamelessly when hot guys are near, I certainly wouldn't want to accidentally commit adultery whilst in the midst of a alcoholic haze!

We don't need another repeat of Christmas Past.

Brothers
A sweet escape!
Though not on a bicycle made for two!

Far from running off down south in a fit of pique ( and we all know I'm a little old to be indulging in those childish antics :P ), what happened was actually so innocuous, so innocent that we barely realized what was happening. First we were talking about our thirty-something classmates all happily married - even one with a kid in primary now! - and the next we were both headed down to the customs between borders with matching looks of astonishment / horror / glee.

Ah. Mid-life crisis.

And it all started with an innocent bit of siew mai.

Paul : Haven't had breakfast like that in ages.
My ISO : My last time was those noodles with you.
Paul : Same here. I need a break.
My ISO : Let's go now then. I am free today.
Paul : Yeah, let's just follow our instincts, pack up and go without further thought.
My ISO : Why not? You have your passport right?
Paul : At home, yeah. Are you serious? What did you put in that tea?!
My ISO : Come on, let's be impulsive.
Paul : Aren't you here to see your sweet grandma?
My ISO : She's almost senile. She won't miss me.
Paul : Aren't you the grandson of the year? Come on, we haven't even booked a hotel room. Where would we stay?
My ISO : Like you haven't slept in some shady places lah.
Paul : Sleeping overnight in your car was an aberration. And you were the one who got semi-drunk in Genting.
My ISO : Good times.
Paul : I refuse to sleep in the backseat. I have creaky joints already.
My ISO : Old age arthritis.
Paul : For that, you are driving.

And so we left.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ish. my laptop took a break and voila, there he was - the young and ever cute Zac Efron, studded as your banner.

Just the ideal subject of an eye-candy. Really nice banner btw.

Hooray for the impulse? :D

Cyclohelix said...

the way i look at it, your ISO is really caring in some way... (so many ways)

Medie007 said...

mid life crisis at 30? what, are problems really going younger nowadays?

Anonymous said...

Having arthritis this early? That's a disaster, man!

Loved the new banner, ZAC posed like the average guy. LOL.

Jason said...

Yay, 2moro!
1 day break, enough kah?

mstpbound said...

whoo! i <3 2moro! :)

Kai Santorino said...

HAHAHA!
I love your new header feat. Zacquisha Efron. Is than sperm behind him?

savante said...

Matches the scheme perfectly right, nash!

You're right, helix. He can be a really good friend.

It's the gay men's mid life crisis, ah bong.

Arthritis. Heh heh, reyville.

Not enough but we deal with it, jason.

Yup, mstpbound!

Meant to be paint actually but take it as you will, kai :)

Paul