Friday, October 19, 2007

Bourne Again

Amazed me today when I found out that both Lanky Lex and Jaunty Jared were so hopelessly out of touch when it comes to popular cinema ( these boys only tune in to the artsy-fartsy stuff ) that I dragged them both to catch the final installment to the Bourne Trilogy.

Superspy loses his memories on a botched job only to find himself being hunted down by his erstwhile superiors? How can anyone fail to enjoy the Bourne Ultimatum?

Matt Damon
Who shall I kill today?

Hell it has what I deem one of the best spies ever, the tormented Jason Bourne. Sure he might not be the best-looking dude around unlike some of the suave double Os around. Definitely no dazzling traffic-stopper though you wouldn't casually drive on by if he raised his hand to hitchike either. Call him the thinking man's boyfriend, that vaguely cute guy no one can recall exactly what he looks like. Somehow his blandly handsome, nondescript features just blends nicely into the background, which I should think would be a worthwhile trait for most undercover assassins.

And talk about a man who doesn't sweat. Dozens of highly-trained CIA agents could be gunning for him and this audacious man walks calmly down the streets of New York without blinking an eye. Two growling bruisers reach for him and he despatches them with an almost contemptuous ease, snapping their necks with savage efficiency. Just before he takes a death-defying flying leap out of a balcony window to land on the one opposite!

Damn, I should take lessons.



Not sure how he suffers all that bodily trauma ( and then gets repeatedly mistaken for a punching bag by the baddies ) without peeing blood for weeks.

Pre-requisite femme fatale ( sort of anyway ) Nicky Parsons goggles as our ruthless superspy breaks legs, snaps necks and chokes spies to death in dirty toilets but me, I'd far from squeamish and would probably throw up a supportive cheer. If not reach out for a sturdy metal railing to help finish the job.

Imagine if I had a bo-hunk like Jason Bourne around all the time. Let my enemies beware.

Paul : Honey buns, that cater-waiter just insulted me.
Jason : Hmmm.. what happened?
Paul : He made me sad. Kill him for me, please.
Jason : But I haven't even finished reading the morning papers.
Paul : For me, please.
Jason : Fine. Waiter!
Waiter : Yes, sir?
Jason : Come here.
Waiter : Yes.. I *snap* urgk....
Jason : Satisfied, Paul? We're done with your death quota for the week. Now hand me the business section.
Paul : Here.
Jason : Damn, some blood spattered my cuff!
Paul : It'll wash.

Hey, I can't depend on my evil death-stare all the time.

Maybe Charming Calvin should be the one to take lessons.

6 comments:

Shake Trees said...

jason wash paul is better. kakaka...

Anonymous said...

definitely, the Bourne trilogy is something worthwhile to watch. Though they're slating the movie as the final installment to the trilogy, i think there'd be a fourth book: Dawn something....lazy to google to make sure though....

p/s: i didn't get to comment on the deliciously hunky guys from the last post. Where oh where did you get al these pictures? :D

Anonymous said...

This film was okay by my standards, though, I must say. Although the first one where he was literally butt naked was worth watching. Did you see his awesome body in there? Now that is drool material. =) Especially when he was making out with the first chick.

Janvier said...

D'you know what we observed in the Bourne movies? That regardless of the physical abuse he goes through, the worse you ever see him is him limping.

Then after cleaning up, it's, "Mou sii!" (no problem) and he's at it again. Yum.

Melvin Mah said...

poor waiter... =P

Jason said...

Bourne okay lah but I was annoyed by the constant camera shaking throughout the movie :\