Sunday, October 14, 2007

Murder He Wrote


Jared : Believe me, I'm innocent! I was framed!
Nikita : Don't believe his lies, this nefarious fork-tongued demon!
Lex : Jared, you did it! I saw it with my own eyes! How could you betray me this way? You! You're the murderer!
Frank : Burn him at the stake! Kill the beast!
Paul : I suggest we hang him at sundown instead!
Jared : Noooo....

Impassioned irrational lynching certainly isn't the recommended way to spend the second day of Raya - or Eid to the rest - but it seems to be the norm for Zany Zapple and his unconventional clansmen. Over there once everyone closes their eyes to sleep, bludgeoning, disemboweling and poisoning seems to be the general order of the day ( or at least the most popular choices ) and who are we morbid guests to argue?

After all I had a bone to pick with Zapple who sent me on a wild goose chase :P

Tasked to put a period to the lives of those closest to me, I picked up the closest weapon I could find, sharpening my blades just waiting for the fateful opportunity to strike. Had a death note list to fulfil after all. Most of my erstwhile friends tried to make a final desperate plea for mercy but in the relative darkness of night, I closed my eyes and looked away even as the sword fell.

I do so hate it when blood spatters my shoes.

Mafia
Wonder who's next on my list!
Maybe I'll use a pistol instead!

Yes, it was the reign of terror. And then later while the townsfolk scream outrage over the vicious, unprecedented midnight slayings, I hunt around for my next unfortunate victim amongst the fearful, apprehensive crowd, leaving incriminating clues to frame them for the crime committed the night before. The rest I only have to leave to the blood-thirsty mob law as the incensed citizens arrive to drag the slandered perpetrator to the waiting Madame La Guillotine.

Our poor wretched ( and dreadfully maligned ) Jaunty Jared rode the tumbrils twice towards the execution grounds while I sat quietly at the sidelines knitting with a secret smile hidden behind my cravat.

Jared : Save me!
Paul : Are you offering disgusting perverted sexual favours in exchange for changing my vote?
Jared : No!
Paul : I'll light a candle to pray for your immortal soul.

So he died twice. During the course of the game, I mean.

Have to agree that Mafia is such a monstrously wicked card game! A perfect combination of mysterious whodunnits, unprincipled kangaroo courts ( with a penchant for jumping to conclusions ) and sheer evil. Just the way I likes em.

A seeming innocuous card game described as more of an experiment in psychology and mass hysteria, a game between the informed minority ( usually the ones holding the dripping blade ) and the uninformed majority! Tagged as the antagonist a number of times, I'll admit I took a perverse sort of pleasure delivering that final blow to my unsuspecting compatriots. Lying in beds dreaming sweet fantasies not knowing that death awaited them.

Not sure what Zapple's octogenarian grandmother thought of us yelling death threats though. Must have shook her head while muttering dire warnings about the unprincipled youth of today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were talking about Mr Brooks. Anyhoo, the links were full of PC.

We are living in a world of PC after all.

p/s: new stereotype for doctors being gays? I think to some extent it's true. The more the merrier they say...heh.

Ryan said...

I couldn't understand the beginning part of the post until I come to realize it was the card game where you mentioned some where at the end.

You sure look like the evil blood hunter hunting down your prey in the middle of the night! Wahahaha...

Anonymous said...

first of all, identity crisis. u do realize that everyone's been giving me quite interesting names right?

fortunately my grandma did not shake her head while muttering dire warnings about the unprincipled youth of today. my dad did. since he was right behind us.

*not forgetting playing taboo, with a certain someone screaming "pubic!".

btw thanks for coming. oh, and sorry for the err..miscommunication. :p

Alex said...

I've been innocently killed! And how come you managed to get to become mafia twice! Not fair... *dying with wide eyes opened at stake*

Janvier said...

The rules we played with was a slightly different variant but worked just as well. :D

Evil lurks beneath innocent surfaces as we learned!

savante said...

Mr Brooks? :) True, agree with that.. the more the merrier, nash.

Felt like it during the game, ryan.

Your dad must have banned your friends from ever coming again, zapple.

At least you didn't die knowingly like Jared did, alex.

But it's just so fun to be evil, janvier.

paul

Ganymede said...

Burn them burn them~~~