Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Why I Want to Eat at Friday's

Got a message today from Charming Calvin.

Calvin : Thank God It's Friday's.

Not sure why though as it's a Tuesday. At least that's what my reliable calendar tells me - I've been busy working round the clock way too often to actually notice the days passing!

But Charming Calvin knows what he wants. Tired of tasteless tofu and braised eggplant in Beijing, lately all he wants is endless platters of glorious food - towering heaps of meat and pasta drizzled with oil - with the inevitable endless flow of drinks.

Yes, Calvin would walk miles uphill just for refillable drinks. And I'll follow in his tracks for my Ultimate Mudslide :) A liberally chocolate-laced avalanche of Kahlua, vodka, Baileys Irish Cream and ice cream.

Now you suffering weight-watchers, don't even talk of diets here at Friday's! As Motormouth Maybelle would say...

No one wants a meal
That only offers the least
When girl we're servin' up
The whole damn feast

Slice off a piece
Of that hog head cheese
Then take a look inside
My book of recipes

Now, don't you sniff around
For something fluffy and light
I need a man who brings
A man-size... Appetite



Sums up the perfect reason to head over to TGI Friday's, don'tcha think?

1 comment:

A Lewis said...

I just saw that Fridays had friend asparagus spears or something like that.....maybe a trip is in order. Soon.