Thursday, October 11, 2007

Returns of the Day

Been tagged with a slew of memes so I'm gonna take them one at a time. I do so love my memes. So here's the first meme on birthdays to come. For those who hate them, take deep breaths, okay! :)

When is your birthday?

Whoa. Easy enough to find on my blog archives. It's coming up anyhow.

How old are you now?

Too old. Much too old. Can I remain 25 forever? But then again, it's nice to be over 30, fine, flirty and thriving.

Where were you born?

Simple enough to answer this! Malacca. The city where it all began - or whatever new snappy slogan they can dream up to hock the city to the gullible tourists.

When did you first celebrated your birthday?

Definitely when I was one. Though I don't remember the actual event ( my memories only stretch till primary! ), I do have the pictures to prove it. Unless my parents photoshopped it of course.

As a second child ( the one usually overlooked when it comes to endless kid cam-whoring ), of course I didn't have the copious amounts of film that my elder sib had but I did get a couple of vanity shots at my birthday. Had a party with all the neighbourhood boys and a cute cake in the shape of a whistling choo-choo train. Guess even then I had a yen for travel!

When will your next birthday be?

It's so close I can feel my aging arthritic knees aching already. Less than two weeks away actually. Diligent folks would be able to find brief mention of the day in my blog archives.

Do you remember getting birthday presents on your birthdays?

Of course I do. It's practically a family tradition. Think my first birthday gift was a baby pyjama set. Been a bibliophile since forever so I tend to get showered with books on that day - though certain choices tend to be suspect. Captain Underpants anyone? :P

What are the 3 things you want for your upcoming birthday?

3 things. Narrowing it down would be a bit more difficult. No worries, I don't morph into a vapid beauty contestant to sob and whine about world peace.

A family of my own? Yeah, I really do mean baby carriages and such. Isn't it time I got splattered with baby food, drowned in diapers and generally driven insane by my own misbehavin' kids?

A fully-furnished apartment at the Troika? Imagine an apartment in the heart of town! And right next to a shopping mall! I wouldn't even have to drive to get to Kinokuniya!

A ticket round the world? Well, maybe a fully-sponsored tour to Morocco or Italy. Hopefully with an amorous dark-eyed guide to show me the nooks and crannies of the enchanting souqs of Marrakech.

A curio shop? Why limit myself only to three wishes? Not like there's a sexy genie in a bottle around to grant them anyway.

A smaller waist Isn't that on every gay man's wishlist? Seems like we're always on a bid to lose that last all-important kilogramme! :)

What kind of presents you want for your birthday?

Now this is a bit more specific.

Books are an easy enough solution when it comes to me. A bit more difficult to choose though since I tend to purchase books frequently and at whim. DVDs are alright as well and I already have my eye on a few such as the Brothers and Sisters Series Season 1 DVD, the Hairspray Movie DVD and lately, the Mirage of Blaze Series DVD.

Leather trenchcoat? Though the Lord only knows when I'll ever wear it - with our sultry weather. Maybe on the trip I mentioned above. Or maybe I'll sweat it out every weekend in Genting then just to swank around in the coat.

Bruno Magli leather boots? You know I love my shoes.

Lacquered Tibetan sideboard table? Persian carpets? I have this empty spot just at the landing at the top of the staircase. A sideboard cabinet would look perfect there - with the Persian runner underneath. Now to find a lamp to complement.

Who would you like to celebrate your birthday with?

Family and friends of course. Though Charming Calvin is miles up north in faraway Beijing - but hey, I'm sure he'll toast my health with wine and Peking Duck.

How do you want to celebrate your birthday?

Happiness
Chris sent me over... I hope I'm alright?

With Chris Evans naked except for a wicked grin and a gleaming thong, slathered in baby oil and lap-dancing. In lieu of that, maybe a mass no-holds-barred orgy with the boys here.

:)

Well not altogether kidding but hey, a casual intimate ( non-vegetarian ) dinner would do fine. No need for fuss, frills and fancy fireworks.

16 comments:

quicksilverlining said...

did a review of the troika during my internship. don't actually like it as a living concept. everything seems a bit out of place there, and i don't like the middle viewing deck. then again, i don't like living in glass houses. especially in malaysian weather lah.

30 in gay years is 51, my dear doctor; says barely-21-boy.

savante said...

:) Fortunately I work in the hospital. Any age is a blessing as long as you're healthy and alive.

MrBunnyBan said...

But... vegetarian food is yummy!

conan_cat said...

ehh, happy be-earlied bday to you first lo XD lately i've been shopping for books too, and darn all the books i'm looking for is not at Kinokuniya, have to order from Amazon.com... just made my dad's credit card bleed too XD (of course i had to pay him back la haha...)

and chris evans sent that? aww i'd still prefer chris evans himself hahaha...

Annie said...

Oh, you poor aging soul you. LOL! I think our birthdays are very close together. Scorpios that we are. but Quick's pronouncement that 30 in gay years is 51? Holy cow!

Your list of presents? I like em'. I would go for the skinny 26 inch waist and nice toned muscles myself. Vegetarian food are for dinasours and insects Ban. A growing mature MALE needs BEEF! Argggg. LOL

Shake Trees said...

the most important one u left out. how can lidat. ermmm... so doc, wats ur birthday wishes? :P

Janvier said...

It's just a shame we can't find the Japanese Medicine Box, and if we could ever afford a place at Pavilion we would have gotten a few for ourselves first. :P

ikanbilis said...

i remember you commented about Burberry trench coat once in my blog, and here's the same question back to you. When are you ever going to wear it in this tropical jungle?

poof said...

Come over to England to enjoy the winter with me?

adrien said...

u know, we might just end up where we always do for birthdays.

but aren't i the frill and fancy? :p

ruff nurse-du-jour said...

can i join you doc savante in *that birthday celebration? i promise i won't keep chris away from you. =)

and yep yep being alive, and healthy at that, are reasons enough to celebrate.

advance happy birthday savante! =)

Jason said...

Yay, Scorpios! Hope you're not working on your birthday.

Jigokutenshi said...

Mirage of blaze series story in anime form is not complete... even after watching the OVAs, you still need to read the novels for the ending.

Anonymous said...

Captain Underpants is NOT suspect. :Ptu

sky dancer said...

I'm not too sure about the leather boots..

The trenchcoats.. might work ;)

thompsonboy said...

Getting laid for birthday?