Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sibling Rivalry

Perhaps that's not the right term to use. Rivalry would be wrong for what I'm about to describe could also be termed as a simple act of adoration. All depends.

You see, I had a day out with Charming Calvin - and my sister-in-law decided to hand us the kids to babysit. So there we were, the gay couple with the two kids, Chatty Carmen and Rambling Raoul. It was all we could do to keep the rambunctious duo corralled in the bookstore.

With the kids practically climbing the walls, I was this close to handing out the sedative Midamilo. Even my evil eye failed to make an impact on the mischievious Raoul who proceeded to run up and down the book aisles in training for the Kid Olympics.

Gay dads
Finally all tuckered out!

But after several rounds of aimless bolting around in the store, even Rambling Raoul was tuckered out. And then it happened.

Obviously trying to get a rise out of her brother, Chatty Carmen started creeping under his cot to nudge him. Tried everything possible to wake him up. Waved her hands in front of his face. Blew into his ear. Drew on his feet. Just short of drop-kicking the entire cot over. Fortunately Raoul was so knocked out that he could barely swat her away.

Now would that be called endearing?

Paul : What is she doing? Is Carmen going to take out castanets and a tambourine next?
Calvin : Trying to wake Raoul up?
Paul : Hopefully that's to get him to play with her. And not just to irritate her brother.

Wishful thinking perhaps? Totally reminded me of the way my brother used to do the same to me. Nudging, poking and whistling. Generally being a fraternal pest to wake me up.

Like father, like daughter? :)

5 comments:

William said...

My mum slaps me awake.

Gratitude said...

I think my mom still wants to slap me even tho I'm wide wake.
+Ant+

Little Dove said...

Good training ground since you wanted a Little Paul in future. ;p

Chris said...

U plan to getting marry?

Kenny Mah said...

LOL at post.

LOL at William's comment.

ROFL at Ant/Gratitude's comment.

Man, this is like a Mastercard advertisement hor... all priceless. :P