Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tool-Time Guy

They say after a couple of years, things start to get a bit boring. You've known each other for a while, most of the kinks have been ironed out and it's gotten a lil humdrum.

At least that's what I thought.

Rufskin
Want this fixed?

Then the electric cord I'd bought for the kitchen turned out to be a tad too long. Now don't look for it, there's no wicked innuendo hidden behind those words.

Paul : Damn. I need to get a new plug.
Calvin : That's no problem. I can shorten it for you.
Paul : You can do that?
Calvin : Of course. That's what I do?
Paul : You can do that?!
Calvin : Sure I can. Go get me some tools.

The things you can still learn about the boyfriend. Turns out engineers actually do know what to do with electrical appliances. Of course he didn't know enough about me to know that I wouldn't know which tool to bring him first. Oh please, the toolbox. I wouldn't know what a Phillips screwdriver was even if it hit me on the face!

So what is it about guys with tools? :)

Real hot, I find. Even without the prerequisite denim cut-offs, hard hat and toolbelt.

Charming Calvin wasn't pleased to be sweating over an electrical outlet on a sultry afternoon - and the man really hates perspiration. The temperature had to be shooting through the roof but I wasn't about to complain. After all boys with tools are hot.

But I restrained myself. Though I was tempted to throw Calvin on the kitchen table for some afternoon delight, the voices in the dining room reminded me that our mothers were chatting only a thin wall away.

Certainly not conducive for some light spanking.

8 comments:

William said...

Every household needs a handyman.

Bravebear said...

I certainly need one...

MrBunnyBan said...

Lol, your mothers are chatting! Wonder what the conversation is like.

Rabbit said...

I love your blog!!!

Anonymous said...

lucky u that he knows the tool better :P
heheeee, u can always drag him to ur room and continue whatever undone tool-business in the bedroom, tell ur mum u prefer to fix the 'stuff' privately :P

Bradley Hyunckel said...

he's man of the haus;u on the other hand---househusband

stargal said...

not all engineers tho'. my bro don't know a thing!

Gratitude said...

I love tools that need pluggin-in! hehe
+Ant+