Saturday, June 27, 2009

Mr Fix-It

Always hoped to get a man handy with his hands.

Really. A plumber. A mechanic. An electrician. Aside from the really wicked fantasies I've spun about the sexy-grimy handyman visiting, I think such mechanically-inclined Mr Fix-Its would be a dream to have around the house.

Always find myself shockingly ineffectual when it comes to such topics. Till now I find the mechanical workings of a car absolutely foreign. Doubt I'd be able to recognize half the bizarre connections in the car engine. Don't even get me going on the intricate complexities of the home piping system.

Prodigal
Anyone care to lend a hand?

A pity our supposedly comprehensive school education can be so deficient in places. What we're left with is a seriously diminishing number of people who know how to fix things and a growing number who call other people to fix things. Seriously. Back in school, all I made were flower pots, stools and blinking LED thingamajigs.

Really useful. Yeah, right.

Integrated Living Skills, my arse. I'm sure when my aging automobile breaks down on the road - or if the bloody sink bursts a leak - I'll find the time to make a stool to rest on while I potter about with my orchids in pots instead. Perhaps beautifully lit up by the annoying LED bulbs.

Rather than torture us with such worthless lil projects, I wonder why they didn't teach us something useful instead such as car mechanics or plumbing!

Or honestly, even housekeeping. Though I picked up the rudimentary skills of sewing along the way, it would have been good to have an early introduction to housekeeping during my schooldays. Rather than tutor us boys on the purported beauty of wood-sanding, maybe they should have taught us some proper living skills such as how to steam some rice and stir-fry some vegetables.

Rather than let us experiment later in life and toast the kitchen instead. :)

Forget about fucking moral education. I'd rather learn how to bake a cupcake.

5 comments:

Bradley Hyunckel said...

someone gonna wear apron~~~aww so gay

William said...

Students should unclog the school toilets as tutorials.

V said...

i'd prefer sex education with multimedia presentations~ ;P

Soul Yaoi said...

I need one of them too.

savante said...

Would love to, Bradley!

Eeeew! But why would they do that, william! I'd prefer a D.

If only they would be so progressive, B :) But you'd have to pray for the right teachers as well.

Definitely, jeremy!

P