Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Borneo Yoko Ono

Over here, work has started getting into a regular humdrum routine. Something I don't particularly mind after the hectic pace of the city before. It's kinda nice to kick back, relax and unwind.

And when the stress does catch up to me - rare though that may be - I find myself searching through the roster of names to put an instant smile on my face. It has become almost a force of habit to scan through the registry of names! You see, the folks over here are certainly original when it comes to finding names. Forget about the Wrestleys and Cherrys.

Bridge
What a name!

Over here we have far more novel monikers. Obviously the hopeful parents here are far from unabashed in naming their offspring. Not only have I been regaled with the likes of Elektronika, Handbag and Jesus Christ, we've also had superstars dropping by for a visit. Kevin Costner came by for a nose job while Kenny Rogers had a circumcision done just the other day.

The today we had Yoko Ono making a brief appearance. Far from the slant-eyed Japanese kook we all expected, this particular dame was short, squat and particularly dark.

And scheduled for an appendicectomy.

Yoko : Yes, my name is Yoko.
Paul : Imagine! And do you have John, Paul, George and Ringo for siblings?
Yoko : How did you guess? John and Ringo actually.

How can I not smile at that?

8 comments:

sharman said...

looks like yoko's parents never told her the truth about her name. neither did she flip through E! tv hahaha...

Unknown said...

"Kevin Costner came by for a nose job while Kenny Rogers had a circumcision done just the other day."

You are so hilarious!
hugs,
shakira

Little Dove said...

Romeo Valentino, Beauty Divine...

I've seen it too. ^_^

p/s: Am glad my parents didn't name me anything too fancy.

Mr.D said...

omg so adorable~!

MrBunnyBan said...

I don't know what's worse. Somebody named their kid after the beatles, or that the kids don't realise who she's been named after.

Jake said...

Oh Kenny Rogers. I don't know how he can still move his face.

savante said...

I know! I was amazed that she didn't know, sharman. We even sang Yellow Submarine.

The best name came today, shakira. Huddle Gather. Yes. That's a name. What does it mean? I have no idea.

Even scarier names, lil dove!

Hilarious you mean, darren?

You'd be surprised that many young fellows out there don't know much about pop culture apart from Lady Gaga, ban.

Well he's aging loh, Jake!

P

Gratitude said...

LOLZ *visualizes Kenny Rogers with an uncut!*
+Ant+