Friday, January 01, 2010

Bonne Année !

Which means Happy New Year of course. Hope I had it right after Amélie whispered it in my ear last night.

Oh yes, I found myself spending the eve hurrying down the cobbled streets of Paris with Amélie from Montmartre. And in between resolutely fixing the lives of the confused citizenry ( and sowing discord amongst our enemies ), I decided to make myself a couple of resolutions as well.


Nothing much to hope for. Pretty happy with my lot in life recently. Have my health. Have a job. Have a great boyfriend. Have a great family. It's all good. My Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs isn't that complex. Doesn't take much to have me smiling, I guess.

praise
Amelie with her next plan.

1. Patience

Oh yes. Something I definitely need to learn. Especially with the likes of Nervous Nancy. And her endless sighing/twitching. Gotta keep from inadvertently snapping at her. God grant me the patience. Will need that with the oncoming influx of anxious, inexperienced house officers.

2. Compassion

Lately someone pointed out to me that I had very little compassion for the weak and needy. Mostly I just feel the need to drop-kick the spineless fools off the nearest cliff but I guess we should all change for the better. So a dash of compassion would be good, I guess.

3. Roses

Speed kills? Never believed that old adage but I've been running helter-skelter for quite a while now. So I figure it's time to slow down, maybe take time to smell the roses. Will try to enjoy my leisure time in Miri a lil bit more. Maybe take some really slow drives around the town. Take in the sea breeze. After all, for the first time I actually do have... time on my hands!

So what do you have planned for the new year?

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

Yup u should definitely stop and smell more roses.

Hope you have a good year ahead. =)

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you that you are happy. A great boyfriend eh? Is he whom I think he is? lol
All your resolutions are essential.
Take care of yourself now.
Cheers!
hugs
shakira

Ed said...

my new year plans?

to get laid~ :P

nicky05 said...

lol....Happie New Year to you and beau lol...hehehehehe...XD