Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Last Minute Travel Plans

Planning a trip ain't easy and I gotta give kudos to Jaunty Jared who patiently fielded dozens of enquiries prior to our Bangkok Blowout last year. Even choosing a hotel can prove a difficult task with everyone having their own ideas ( and budgets! ) of where to stay. While some of the more impecunious members of the expedition preferred far more affodable motels, some us of had grown accustomed to at least a modicum of luxury.

Or at least one hunky bellhop to ogle.

And trust me, I've already done the entire grungy backpacking-through-dingy-roach-infested-motels bit - and don't intend to revisit that charming experience!

But our ever pleasant travel coordinator Jared managed - after probably a thousand emails between us all - to strike a reasonable bargain that would satisfy all members of the expedition. Not easy with almost 20 members.

Now we have a small group. Me and the galpals I call the Lushes are planning a short trip somewhere near. Possibly a short cuti-cuti Malaysia with a relaxing slow drive up north. So we all sat down to make travel plans.

Not easy coordinating the packed schedules but we somehow managed to find an open slot in April. Checking online, we even found a lovely two-bedroom suite by the beach for a bargain!

Sons
What did you say?!

At least that's what I thought.

Until Statuesque Sarah got a wild hair for Bali somewhere between yesterday and today. Think I blame Caisson's since she's been taking up diving lessons lately :)

Paul : So you confirmed for the trip up north? I've got the suite already.
Sarah : Screw that. Let's go Bali!
Paul : What? Next week?! Are you insane!
Sarah : Why not? We could fly over and look for some cheap backpacker's motel!
Paul : Did you say backpacker?!
Sarah : Maybe we could fly to Jakarta too.
Paul : Why not throw in a jaunt to Borobudur too?
Sarah : Let's!

A sudden change of plans ( and Miss Travel-and-Adventure Sarah! ) scares me. Mr Spontaniety I'm not. I like my ruts.

And waitaminute, backpacking?!

9 comments:

.:: Ant ::. said...

Backpacking is a great experience, esp. in Europe. Come on, it is not necessarily a bad hygiene experience that hv been hyped up to be. A chance to make new friends is great too! ^_^

+Ant+

savante said...

But I did that back in college! :) And yeah, met a lot of guys as well!

Musang said...

i thought backpackers are those hunky, horny, tall, rough, handsome and tough lots like they always do in films.

hmmm...

i need to go backpacking and meet them.

one by one.

Chris said...

i will going to BKK for my vacation too..

the viennamese said...

Backpacking?! I'm not so worried about the lack of hygiene.. oh wait maybe I am since I'm always the first to dart when I see those evil roachies.

But I was thinking more about the horror films. More particularly, hostel. :x

Anonymous said...

hi paul, nice new banner. but what's the guy holding? a leg? how strange..

NotHamsap said...

backpacking is the way to go!!!! Backpacking always has something to do with spontaneity. :) count me in? lol

Little Prince said...

BACKPACKING? -.-
... where's their nearest postal office??? reliable???

Alex said...

Wow... I never thought you'll be backpacking! LOLz... congrats.