We Three Kings Disoriented Are..
Although obviously Calvin has seen me on duty, my other friends haven't seen me running about in my blue scrubs and it certainly stunned Strapping Shane - secretly I think he probably assumed that I'd fabricated the fact that I was a doctor. Not sure if he even made off with a blue scrub of his own as a memento of his visit. :P
Had a short chat while they toured the uncharming environs of the hospital - possibly remarking at the dilapidated state of the building while getting the shivers over the palpable eerieness of the silent hallways ( reminiscent of screamer Silent Hill honestly ). Managed to grab some food when they came - if that's what they call the inedible matter served in the cafeteria. Luckily they left before one of my patients arrived causing a tempestuous scene punctuated by hysterical yells and karate kicks.
Since I expressed a peculiar fondness for memes just a few days back, I've been getting quite a few sent my way via e-mail. Fortunately having a calm period in between minor storms at work so I'm taking a quick break to reply a few.
1. The phone rings. Who do you want it to be?
The billion dollar lottery win.
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
What else? Of course.
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
A little bit of both though I tend to jump in here and there is the talker's slowing down.
4. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
Depending. Hope I would but chances are, I'd go insane from boredom staring at the trees.
5. Do you like to ride horses?
6. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
Plenty of times. Too many to count.
7. What was your favorite board game as a kid?
Again, too many to count. I guess I do enjoy playing Careers, Cluedo and Trivial Pursuit.
8. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was taken what would you do?
Hmm... tough question. Still, all's fair in love and war. If I were single, I'd be eminently flattered, flirt back and possibly end up in a messy entanglement.
9. Are you judgmental?
Read my blog and you'll know. I am. Terribly so.
10. Would you date someone with different religious beliefs?
Not a problem. Just read my pork love post.
11. Are you continuing your education?
12. Do you know how to shoot a gun?
No, but certainly wouldn't mind learning.
13. If your house was on fire, what’s the first thing you’d grab?
Not sure. Possibly my laptop :P
14. How often do you read books?
On an hourly basis.
15. Do you think more about the past, present or future?
Do we even have to ponder about it? What's past is past. Can't do anything about the future. Living the present.
16. What is your favorite children’s book?
The Magic Paintbrush.
18. How tall are you?
A midget standing at 5'6". WIsh I was taller dammit!
19. Where is your ideal house located?
Definitely an amazing brownstone right in the center of the city within walking distance of the shops.
20. Last person you talked to?
22. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?
Never been. Anyone care to take me?
23. What are your keys on your key chains for?
Car keys. House keys. Locker room keys.
24. What did you do last night?
25. Where is your current pain at?
In room 10 screaming his angry little head off since his parents loped off for dinner.
26. Do you like mustard?
Do I have to choose? Not a big fan.
27. Do you like your mom or dad?
Yes, I do. Both surprisingly fun characters.
28. How long does it take you in the shower?
Depends on where I'm going. Usually 10 minutes or less. 2 seconds if I'm at work and I hear the pager.
29. What movie do you want to see right now?
Can't think of any that would interest me...
30. Do you put lotion on your dog or cats?
Why would I do that?! I'm not Paris.
31. What did you do for New Year’s?
Celebrated with family and Calvin. Quite a good year :)
32. Do you think The Grudge was scary?
Not really. Seen worse in real life after all.
33. Do you own a camera phone?
Shockingly yes. THough I hardly take any photos to speak of.
34. What’s the last letter of your middle name?
35. Who did you vote for on American Idol?
Depends on the season... but anyway, I'm not eligible after all.
36. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
6-7 minimum. Need all that for work after all.
37. Do you like care bears?
Non-committal. Think they are too sweet but I wouldn't run them over on a road.
38. Do you know how to play poker?
Rarely but yeah, when the company's good.
39. Do you wear your seatbelt?
Seen any broken patients to wear my seatbelt.
40. What do you sleep in?
When I'm at home, in a bed. When I'm at work... on a couch, a gurney, a swivel seat, a wall...
41. Anything big ever happen in your hometown?
Midnight masses on Christmas.
42. Is your tongue pierced?
Ouch. Infection. No.
43. Who’s the funniest person you know?
44. Do you like funny or serious people better?
Funny people definitely. Serious people make me sleep.
46. Did you eat a cookie today?
At work right now, only have dried snacks unfortunately. Would kill for a choc chip cookie.
47. Do you use cuss words in other languages?
Hardly cuss. I am really prim-mouthed.
48. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads?
Charming Calvin does enough for the both of us.
49. When was the last time you said “i love you” and meant it?
Always mean it. If not I wouldn't bother saying it.
51. Is your cell usually on vibrate or ring?
Ring softly. Hardly pick up though.
52. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend?
A hot boyfriend would be nice :P