Sunday, August 28, 2005

Desperate Househusbands II

Ever wondered whether reality resembles make-believe or the other way around? Sometimes, that actually happens. Lately my life seems to bear some odd resemblance to the happenings on Wisteria Lane. None of my ny neighbours have been found with a gunshot wound and you'd be forgiven for thinking that I have been having wild, adulterous affairs with the hunky under-aged gardener - though that would been tempting certainly.

It has been quite an exhausting Sunday. Along with the usual weekend spring-cleaning, I weeded the tiny plot of land outside, baked a cheesecake, and actually painted the finishing touches on the guest bedroom cabinet. It came to me with a shudder that I actually bore some passing resemblance to the anal-retentive Bree van Der Kamp - which was actually the result I received from the Desperate Housewives quiz. It came to me as I stared at the picture-perfect dining table ( with the most amazing brass candlesticks I purchased from a lil Indian shop ) that I was possibly turning into a house-proud but possibly certifiably borderline psychotic househusband. :)

Definite signs that I need to go out and meet some guys. Lately my social life hasn't been roaring of course but I have made plans to go to the gym - snce I wouldn't be short of a gym partner for once. Not only do I get to lift weights, I also get to ogle Barry's big biceps which is an added bonus. Lately, my hormones have been on an upswing and apart from the occasional fleeting warm memory of Barry's biceps, I also have had some salacious thoughts about some of the guys I've met online.

All this - and I still have to keep my nose stuck in the books!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good thing that you start working out at the gym. I bet it will be hard for the first few days but it will get better. Besides, you get to see hunky guys all over. :-) I know it's tempting but don't spend too much time in the locker room thouh. Happy workout!

Mr RM said...

Hi Paul,

Gym is actually Gay Church, where gay men come and congregrate to pray for a hot hunky and muscular body!

As they say, God only helps those who help themselves. Maybe, that's how gay men found their salvation with the stairmaster, the eliptical trainer, etc etc!

Unca Paul, I am a little naughty today. Perhaps, I was at Fitness First Axis earlier today, and there were just too many good looking people!

How I wish I could be like them! It seems, genetics is not on my side.

How come, after close to a year of exercising at the gym, almost 6 times a week, and at least burning 500cal per session, how come I am FAR from the perfect male specimen!

Geez, it seem the Gym Gods are simply NOT answering my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Paul - Reality (like Truth) is stranger than fiction. But gardening, housework and baking cheesecake? That’s not borderline psychotic, that’s being a household god ... very attractive! Yum! :oP

Was gardening myself this morning, clearing undergrowth from my parents’ garden ... filled four big black plastic rubbish sacks so far, and still not finished! Alas, gardening doesn’t build my biceps (my genes are against me too, Kit) but it does help me build up my sun tan. :o)

BTW Paul, what happened with Hui’s thong? What did it look like, and have you handed it to him yet?

Francis Ford Faggola said...

Hmm... it's weird how a lot of people are calling you Uncle now ain't it?

Did I start this?

Anyway, Unc... I mean, Paul will start to have bulgy biceps, which I'm sure will be good for all his household chores and of course, the bit of spankin that he seems to enjoy, hehehehe...

Anonymous said...

You can count on me not calling you uncle. You are like what, a year older than me?

Being Bree is good as long as you don't get too anal like her. And make sure you turn into Susan once in a while to spice things up. And don't try to clean while trying to have sex, it'll just ruin the mood ;P

AJ said...

Sounds like a lot to handle... To quote my favourite romanians "This is life, touch my bum!"

I don't know too many romanians but I do know hard work is satisfying.. Aint it?

Jay said...

Hate hard work. Hate the gym. And if anybody here calls me uncle I'll kill myself.

Anonymous said...

Oh I really could use having you Bree-ing up my place. The other good thing about Bree - she never has a single hair out of place. Now THAT'S accomplishment.