Sunday, August 07, 2005

Wedding pacts

A few months back, I actually had a proposal of sorts from a girl. Way back when I was actually contemplating the straight and narrow life ( yeah, I actually did think of that! ) after one or two dissastisfying run-ins with guys of a similar nature, I actually seriously considered starting something with her. Since I had no strong feelings for any girl that I knew, I figured I might as well try with Graceless Grace, one of my oldest friends since I knew her best. That obviously didn't turn out as well as I'd planned, since I have this weird but yet unsubstantiated feeling that she might have feelings for me in return.

Don't you see, Grace?


However when I learned that Grace already had a new boyfriend a few weeks ago, I was pleased for her - and more than a little relieved since it released me from the wedding pact I stupidly made with her. Straight-acting I might be but I wouldn't want to live the straight life forever. I must have spoken too soon since during dinner this evening, she sobbed all over my shoulders with tales of her boyfriend's iniquities. Heartbroken over the fact that another one of her affairs has turned out badly, she turned her heart-shaped face to me and named the terms of our unholy pact again.

Unable to bear my ongoing perfidy, I blurted out that I'd been in a failed relationship before ( you know the one I'm talking about! ) and I didn't have any intentions of starting something new on a rebound ( hell, that's a lie, I just didn't want to start a relationship with her! ). Before I could leap out of the closet on her, she sidestepped that odd remark of mine and started blubbering over her problems again.

I dragged the conversation kicking and screaming back to the door of the closet, tried to open it and yet again she drew back. I talked again and again about the idiot ISO and our time together and she just blanked out. Time and again just as I was about blurt out the fact that I'm gay, she turned to something else and slammed the door on my personal closet.

Perhaps she already knows of my pink passport! Is she in denial?

......


After reading Kitjar's latest post on the gay happenings at the gym, I have been inspired to lift weights again. My last trip would have been devoid of hunky boys flexing biceps - well if my ISO hadn't been there yelling at me ( he calls it giving moral support ) in his shorts. The latest stories about the wild and woolly happenings at Fitness First have given me hope yet again, perhaps the boys in Malacca have been given similar inspiration.

Damn, where do I get my hand on a chunk of that pie?

7 comments:

savante said...

Hey, thanks for dropping by. I have actually tried that cheesecake recipe - or something similar - in my bid to become a desperate househusband.

Paul

Mr RM said...

Hi Paul,

I still have a guest-pass at FFJH, wanna have it?????? It is the ticket to the wonderful rainbow realm. For me, it is see no touch, but perhaps for you, it is different altogether!

Since you tempted me into this wicked world, I guess, it is now my opportunity to turn the tables around!

Anonymous said...

never ever make that unholy pact with any female friend. Should have warned you a few months ago but obviously haven't found your blog then :D

let's just say after seeing julia roberts in my best friend's wedding frantically running after dermott mulroney (he's hot!), making that pact seems like inviting trouble.

Mr RM said...

asmadi,
hey some gay guys can bend backwards to become straight. I would be Paul No 1 supporter if turns straight and get married to grace!

Joel said...

I had a girl I made that same pact with. We lost touch with each other until abotu a year ago. She is divorced and hates men but just HAD to bring up our pact from like...Junior year in HS! Geeze, do these women NOT forget anything?

Will said...

LOL Ah the folly of youth! You know so MANY gay guys I know have these suicide pacts for what reason I absolutely don't know. Poor girls. Your chick is definitely taking a trip down Denial Paul.

Oh Oh FFJH--Best Place to Ogle.

grave_creek said...

things to remind self:
NEVER ,AND I MEAN NEVER,EVEN UNDER DRUNK STUPOR,MAKE A MARRIAGE PACK WITH A GIRL,NO MATTER HOW DESPERATE I AM....lol!!!you never know when the time may come!!!