Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Screen husbands

Just a short note as I'm watching Desperate Housewives. Sure I could probably get the whole series and finish it but.. I love delayed gratification. I like it slow, steady, almost torturous with the occasional pulse of pleasure before the great big finish. I'm weird that way.

Tom Scavo is one of the husbands in Wisteria Lane but he doesn't appear all that much. Desperately working to keep up with the rest of the neighbourhood, he drops by at home rarely - just enough to give his harried wife, Lynette, a kiss before rushing out again... and yet I think he's one of the best husbands around ( certainly not perfect but he's the best, in comparison to the rest ).

I'm sure he's gonna turn out to have some scandalous, shocking secret - especially with all the wicked lil shadows in Wisteria Lane ) but so far, he looks delicious to me.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

the Tom character definitely gets more storyline as the series progresses. all i will say is: leopard thong...

Anonymous said...

Slow, steady, torturous ?!!! If it were up to me, Paul..I would say bring 'em all on. I like to get it over and done with. I can watch it all in one sitting. That's what I did with my Sex and The City DVDs. But, that's just my habit when I watch TV. Hehe !!

My "other" habit, though..That's the way I like it..Slow and steady..If you get my drift ?! ;-p

Anonymous said...

Slow and steady with pulses of pleasure works for me. :oP

I don't get to watch DH ... is Tom the one with the lickable jaw? I've been drooling over Tom Ward in BBC's Silent Witness the last couple of weeks ...

Francis Ford Faggola said...

Tom Scavo is hot... I've been considering ditching Mike Delfino for him but then I realize that we could have a threesome just fine, ehhehehe...

Leopard thong... yeah... OMG, that scene caused my heartbeat, among other things, to rise!

And isn't Andrew Van De Kamp very annoying? Blurgh!

AJ said...

See Paul with all the talk about leopard thongs, don't you wish you could fast foreward? lol... I enjoyed it

savante said...

Tom Scavo in a leopard thong. Yummy.. but i can wait. I like the slow torture.... and the anticipation.

Paul

Chris said...

I like all the husbands on DH... but Tom really is quite hot.

Do you ever watch Rescue Me? The show is really great--writing, acting, plot... but it's the hot, sexy firemen that keep me coming back.

Will said...

YES! I love Tom Scavo! I think he's absolutely hot, and he doesn't get nekkid enough (just one thong scene?!).

His name doesn't appear on the main credits as a regular (as opposed to say, James Denton or the Gabrielle's husband).

savante said...

Tom Scavo is definitely yummy - and one thong scene is certainly not enough. But with Bree's husband six feet under, perhaps it's Tom's turn to play a role especially since it's his turn to be a desperate househusband.

Paul

Spot said...

don't know if anyone here is old enough to remember melrose place. the guy who plays lynette's husband was on melrose place, playing one of Hollywood's first TV gay characters, Matt.

sigh, i feel so old.

savante said...

I do know Doug Savant. He did play Matt on Melrose Place - and it's not all that long ago!

Paul