Saturday, August 27, 2005

Boxers or briefs

One thing I should know is men's underwear. And not only because I obviously wear them... ( and certainly not because I've been in intimate situations with other guys! ) but because I've seen a whole lot of them in a state of undress. And before you get any unsavoury ideas, I meant seeing them in the changing rooms at the operation theatre. Thought about this as I wondered about a young guy's fetish for underwear :) I won't name names but you gotta know who you are.

Wondering what I have underneath?Surprisingly, just a handful of the guys I see wear boxers at work actually. The guys I see wear all sorts though the majority of guys I know wear briefs. And there are some really sad specimens of briefs hanging about men's loins over here... with holes and stains... you get the general idea. I have also noticed something odd. For some inexplicable reason, the guys with the worst buils - think sagging manbreasts and bulging bellies - just seem to enjoy strutting about the changing room only in their briefs... is there some medical hypothesis for that?

Personally I swing.. :) Between boxers and briefs, depending on my mood that day. As the temperature in the theatre is kept at a chilly 15 C, I usually wear boxers at work. Honestly speaking though, I even have a really odd leather thong in my drawer - don't even ask! I've always been curious what your choice of underwear tells about you. Does choosing plain boxers really mean you're serious and conservative?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not so many years ago, boxers were the cool and trendy fashion. So I'd take the serious and conservative label with a large pinch of salt, that's just a passing perspective...

Nowadays I swing between boxer-briefs (CKs or Brass Monkeys) and briefs (2(x)ist classic contour pouch). I have some older boxers that I sometimes wear around the house of an evening, after showering ... as Justin says, to let li'l ru have some space to grow and breathe. :o) Okay, guess that's more than you need to know about me! :oD

Saggy Mr. Potato Men strutting their stuff in briefs ... urgh ... I think there are probably some psychological theories on that! :o)

Don't your parents drum it into their kids to always put on clean underwear before they go out, in case they're involved in an accident? Seems to be part of our cultural tradition here. :o\

Anonymous said...

hey, hey, hey...as one of those saggy mr. potato men, i can tell you that it's very comfortable running around in only my underwear. ::pouts::

(by the bye, it's boxer-briefs for me.)

Anonymous said...

raphinou - I don't think you're a saggy potato (I checked the pics). I'd be comfortable with you running around in your underwear, too. :o)

I'd still like to see Paul in that leather thong ... :oP

Anonymous said...

ru: there's this one trick called 'sucking your stomach in when your photo is being taken' that they teach us in saggy mr. potato school. (~__^)

seriously, thanks. that's sweet. *mwah*

paul in a leather thong...hmmm...maybe he can go blond.... (^__^)

Anonymous said...

raphinou - don't you mean, maybe Paul can go blond again? Yeah, yum. :oP

justin (litgw) - have you tried figleaves.com (they have US and UK sites)? I don't have aircon, just a balcony door which stays open all summer. :o)

Paul - babe, sorry, I'm not trying to hog your blog, honest! :o) I think colour is important with undies, too ... do you have a range of colours, or patterns, or just stick with black and/or white?

savante said...

Definitely a range of colours for the briefs and the boxers. Not only black and white certainly.

Paul

Anonymous said...

:oP

But no tartan boxers, I hope? Some of those are just a bit too loud!

Miladysa said...

I think nylon Y Fronts are the worse thing I have ever witnessed! Yes, they do/did) exist!

savante said...

ru, I have boxers but none of them tartan though. Mostly plain solid colours.

Nylon Y Fronts! Ahh! I have seen that around the theatre too!

Paul

Anonymous said...

my name is richi is italian boy ... the italian gay ICONA? ANTONELLA ELIA .. www.antonellaelia.com accttress
i am richimichi2003@yahoo.it

Anonymous said...

quote
hey, hey, hey...as one of those saggy mr. potato men, i can tell you that it's very comfortable running around in only my underwear.

::pouts::

I second that

Anonymous said...

I actually prefer boxers or boxer briefs but for some odd reason, I have a ton of briefs... go figure on that one.

As far as boxers making you serious and conservative, I don't know how likely that really is since boxers tend to be a favorite of partying frat boys =)).

Will said...

Definitely briefs or boxer-rbeifs for me. I hate it when boxers ride up the side of my thighs.

Larry said...

I'm typically a boxer person, but I will wear briefs on occasion. I tend to think of myself as the vanilla center of the gay spectrum, and I typically wear plaid prints. Oh my god, am I going to die from latent conservativism??????

Please save me!

Leather Jacket online said...

Definitely a range of colours for the briefs and the boxers. Not only black and white certainly.