Sunday, July 10, 2005

Desperate Househusbands

Knowing my TV-addiction, my ISO came by with a DVD! Well, that's nothing new, I suppose since we have our regular DVD marathons every once in a little while. It keeps us from killing each other - or from doing other things that my dirty, filthy mind might come up with. :) Having my parents around as chaperone this weekend also kept me from doing anything like stick my hands down his pants ( hey, my fingers are cold! ). It's hard to believe how great we interact now we're not in a relationship! Can't believe I'm saying this but I guess breaking up is sometimes the best alternative for everyone.

Jesse MetcalfeI did make a mention of Desperate Housewives some time back, and obviously my ISO picked up on that obsession. Damn, but Jesse Metcalfe looks really good. Are those dreamy eyes for real? :) I wanna look like that when I grow up! Guess I can put another hunk into my list of guys I'd walk naked across broken glass for ( thanks for the indelible image, AB ). Told my ISO that he was no contest and he growled before stuffing my face with a cushion.

It is weird though. Perhaps there are guys out there who need a challenging, exciting life, a high-flying career that gives them drive and purpose in life. But not me. I always envisioned myself as a ...desperate househusband for want of a better word :) A house, a home and a family. I have always dreamed of having the perfect suburban life, the perfect house, the perfect kitchen. You know the drill... getting the house perfectly spick and span during the day, mopping and dusting the cabinets, making the perfect gourmet dinner for the hubby's return, keeping my hands off the hunky gardener.... I have a horrible feeing that in a past life, I must have been some 1950s Stepford wife ( or even the impossibly perfect Bree van der Kamp! ).

I want to stay home and bake cookies for the family ( perfect, delicious chocolate chip cookies that would have the other mothers crying in envy! But of course I'll have to learn how to make them first but I'm sure there are some excellent cookbooks out there! ). I want to wash the clothes and hang them out to dry. I want to make lovely cushions and curtains for the house with a trusty sewing machine. The only thing I draw the line at washing plates and crockery. Oily, crusty gunk that's sometimes quite impossible to scrub off. I hate that so a dishwashing machine is a must. :)

After I told him, my ISO tells me that I'll go insane after a week of staying home playing househusband. Anybody willing to give me a try?

11 comments:

Francis Ford Faggola said...

Ooh, ooh, me! Me! *raises hand*

Jesse Metcalf is hot... *drools*

savante said...

Wanna play household with me, Holden? :)

Paul

Pookie65 said...

There truly is something to be said for domestication. I am very spoiled (blessed is more like it) with a cushy job that allows me more time off than in the office. And there is something quite sexy about having a sparkling clean house and the smell of fresh pastries in the air.

Thank God for my housekeepers and the local bakery so I can enjoy it.

After reading through your blogs and your amazing stories I'd say you'd make a wonderful husband. Someone will be quite lucky one day.

Anonymous said...

Your comment about your ISO reminded of a song by Def Leopard 'When Love and Hate Collide' With the lyric 'When divided we standing, united we fall' :) Wanna have that song? I could send it to u. But I should warn you first though that this is a rock ballad song ;

hbjock said...

Jesse Metcalfe is TOTALLY hot!! BTW, yeah I saw the illustrated version of Angels & Demons and trust me, I probably will get it ;).

Francis Ford Faggola said...

Yes Uncle Paul, may I?

Jay said...

I'd love to be a househusband... as long as it doesn't involve any cooking or cleaning.

I'm pretty good at being ornamental, though.

:-p

Will said...

*stands in the doorway with cooking ladle*

HANDS OFF my Jesse, biatch!

savante said...

Pookie! Thanks for the compliment :) I'm blushing even now.

Hey, I do know that Def Leppard song. I might love jazz but that doesn't mean I don't listen to other music.

Holden, I'll come over an dbe your househusband but first lemme get my hands warmed up.
To spank you. :)

Sisyphus, I can learn! There has to be a damned recipe somewhere! I can make oatmeal cookies.. does that count?

Well, I don't mind sharing Jesse... I kinda like the plumber myself :)

Paul

Francis Ford Faggola said...

*bends over with glee*

But I never did anything wrong... heheheh

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I'm trying to find a website or conatct details for Private Man (the company that produced Desperate Househusbands). Does the packaging for Desperate Househusbands have any contact details?