Friday, July 22, 2005

Lonely weekend

It's gonna be a lonely weekend this week. My parents and my brother might not be able to make it down this weekend ( like they sometimes do once in a while ). Even my painfully maligned ex, the infamous ISO, might not be able to make it this weekend to alleviate my boredom. I am on-call tomorrow but I'm perfectly free on Sunday. Wondered what I'd do.

Sleeping in


Actually thought of sleeping in since I mentioned my insomnia problem earlier this week. Definitely in need of some good NREM sleep. Maybe an hour or two of REM where I might conjure up that nameless stud who haunted my dreams a week back. Then once I get over my on-call, perhaps some time to write since I've been putting that off for some time now - and the natives are getting restless :)

That choice however was literally taken out of my hands when I complained rhetorically to myself at work... that kid house officer I befriended, Yummy Yee, offered an afternoon of tennis but I figured I'd probably be too semi-conscious to lift a racquet ( and boy, I actually hate to lose! ). Still I agreed to an evening of watching FRIENDS and munching on chips.

It's breath-taking how such a guy can remain so ... unflaggingly enthusiastic about medical life even after several months of mindless slogging in the trenches. Sometimes I wonder whether he's taking Paxil or something. That perpetual shiny Colgate smile and that ever cheerful demeanour is starting to make me feel old and bitterly cynical.

6 comments:

Will said...

Oooh an afternoon with Yummy Yee! You really should go for tennis with him honey...it's your chance to sajole him to strip some more!

grave_creek said...

hon,its plain to see that guy is just dying to find ways to spend some time with you...why dont you both stop turning in circles and just do the nasty once and for all??? lol!!now thats my idea of a fun and relaxing sunday...sleepy sex at one of the afternoon!!ummm perfect!!

savante said...

The thought of Yummy Yee salivating to spend some time with me sounds delicious but I doubt it. He's probably so utterly bored that any chance to get out of the confines of his prison ( ie the hospital ) is a welcome respite.

Paul

M said...

Perpetually happy scare me sometimes - you have to have a bad day every now and then....right?
:-)

linked ya to my site - thanks for linking me - enjoyed reading and catching up on your blog - will definately read more in the future

Jay said...

Is it just me or does anyone else see this as the start of a big Mills and Boons type romance between Paul and Yummy Yee? The bright-eyed loving ingenue, slowly but surely melting the walls built around the heart of the bitter old queen :-p If only you two started off hating each othet, that would've been even more perfect.

-swoon, sigh, starry eyed-

savante said...

Thanks for dropping by, Matthew.

Jay, the bitter queen would have thrown the bright-eyed ingenue on the couch if there had been even the smallest hint of homosexuality coming from there.

Paul