Wednesday, November 28, 2007

You Talkin to Me?

Do I look like a regular A&F gymbot?

No, don't answer that. Ya ain't never seen me in real life so it's hard to tell but surely you've heard of my uncanny resemblance to the grubby hobbits of Tolkien fame? Look closely in the Shire and you just might catch me in a rare unprecedented cameo. Trust me, this isn't misplaced modesty speaking! Don't deal in that. Lemme reiterate, if I looked that good ( hell I'd know! ) you'd have me flexing my shiny muscles on youtube on a daily basis and the likelihood of ripped muscle tees in my closet would rise 1000%.

The Anti Paul
Seriously! You really think I'm Paul?

So how did two different girls on separate occasions mistake me for an Abercrombie clone?

The first one's Shameless Shalom - and her question this morning was innocuous enough. Ever the innocent, Shalom just wanted to know whether I've frequented the nearby gyms and wanted an urgent referral. With the evil monster exams vanquished, seems like someone's aiming for a pair of skyscraper stilettos and a slinky tie-dyed sarong in a size 4.

Shalom : So which one should I join?
Paul : Well if you're asking which gym has the hottest boys, I can tell ya that.
Shalom : No!
Paul : How about the one where boys have a little fun in the sauna?
Shalom : Like they're gonna ask me to join!

Now that's the simple part. Second one's a bit suspect though. You see it's from a relative newcomer to the area, Lissome Lorelei. Energy, effervescence and enthusiasm to the extreme. Simply exhausting too :P Not sure exactly how she cottoned on to the fact that I was the man to ask if you're looking for fitness first!

Lorelei : Well, tell me which gym I should join?
Paul : Huh? You're asking me what?
Lorelei : Well, a little bird - well make that two birds - they know all about you and they tell me you're the man to ask?
Paul : Was that my twin you're talking about? An alternate gym-going twin cause that certainly ain't me!

Sure, I'm far from crazy closeted at work ( after all more than a few have pieced together the pink clues ) so perhaps she hit on the token homo to point her in the right direction. For a newbie, what easier way to find a gym in town than to activate the gay-dar?

Still it doesn't explain the birds in the bush. Hell, it's got me scratching my head wondering which little bird she's talking about.

7 comments:

poof said...

Theres always these little birds whispering almost everywhere isn't there?

Jason said...

They must be thinking every single guys go to the gym nowadays...

thompsonboy said...

good grief, unsightly bush!

Jake said...

I wouldn't mind being confused for an AF model if I had the body! :-P

Ryan said...

AF model? Hmm... I think I am the wannabe! The one who knows how to dream but never take action. LOL...

Anonymous said...

I think this is the part where you show us your pic, flexing those muscles. :-)

savante said...

There is. But who, Gauzzel!

How wrong they are, jason!

Hardly unsightly. I'd prefer to see more, tb.

I doubt they see me as that. Maybe they think I seriously need gym work, jake!

Well join the club, ryan :P

You gotta be kidding. I don't want to scare the god-fearing folk away, mark!

Paul