Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A Bree wannabe

Agonizing over my Christmas ListPerhaps I might have scared some of you guys with my earlier post about my borderline psychotic completionist tendencies. It's true unfortunately... I need my books to match - and I need a complete set. I have two pillows for each design that matches. I have matching dinner sets - and always have this urge to toss the whole set out if I break a single plate. :)

Let me make a full confession since it's been a few months since I've done the whole good Catholic confessional thing. That's not my only weird, kooky trait. Right now, I have already started compiling my Christmas list and I've already bought half of the gifts. Is that terribly anal or what? Then I'll spend half a day looking for matching cards and wrapping paper - like what's Jungle Jack's favourite colour? Does Veggie Vanitha like recycled wrapping? Don't even get me started on the buttons and bows.

Weird but true. But for any future suitors out there... surely you can excuse these little idiosyncrasies :) I'm working on them, trying to break the habit. Really! I won't make straighten his collar or spit-shine his hair. Really.

Still, I have to say that men are surprisingly difficult to shop for. Not sure what to get the guy who has everything - my ISO - since what he wants, he'll already buy. Kinda like me actually so I'm pretty notorious in being difficult to shop for since I shop so much ( it's a disease! ). Already gotten some stuff for my brother and my sister-in-law. Some of my cousins. Even my movie posse...Shameless Shalom is getting a lovely image of the Madonna from Turkey. Handsome Hui gets a teeny tee - the better to show off his youthful bod. Not sure if I should get something for Big Bicep Barry.. what should I get? A barbell for him? A skimpy tanktop for him ( but probably inostensibly for me )?

...


Still, I managed to find the time to write something new for my Bedtime Stories site - still needs a lil tweaking but it's readable. Have a draft ready for the Marine story too but that will take a few more days.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so alright to have that kind of obsession unless you hurt people. :-) How about putting a pretty bow on yourself and be present in front of your ISO?

Anonymous said...

Well, let's see. If you break a plate, either buy a replacement or sell the incomplete set on Ebay. That way you're not at a total loss.

What do you get for the guy who has everything? A gift certificate, or something he would never buy for himself.

And as for BBB: Something subtle.

Jamie and I have just a little over half of my family's shopping done (we're shopping for 20 in my family and 5 in his). Are you anal? I wouldn't go that far. (Okay, that sounded sexual!)

I better stop before I say something to get my anon commenter started again.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Paul, honey, whatever you do, don't stop with the matching gift/wrapper/buttons&bows. It's such a delight to get presents like that. Hardly anyone (including myself) do that anymore.

And by the way, what does it take for me to get onto your list? Shall I be naughty or nice?

*bats eyes*

Anonymous said...

Half your christmas shopping done? Now that's seriously scary. For me, gift-giving is still considered "on time" if it's given before the next celebration (e.g. next year's birthday/xmas). That's cause I'd rather wait and buy something that the person'll really like than buy something just to get it on time. Lol, that's a load of BS. I'm just too damned lazy.

Lifebook said...

Total agreed with the "men are surprisingly difficult to shop for". :) I always take days to decide.

Will said...

I'm gonna get something this xmas! Inna purty pink bow and curly pink ribbons, ya?!

Hint: I like books too

Mark said...

Oh my... I work in retail and I haven't even started on my xmas shopping!

And yes! You do need to buy something for BBB!

It can be subtle as Brain suggests - or not. But you must get him something.

Anonymous said...

Yup, I've started ordering some Christmas presents online already, and bought a couple at a crafts fair last month. It helps my (non-existent) budget if I spread the gift-buying out over a couple of months! :oD

Buy Barry a muscle tank top. :oP

Petie said...

First off lemme say that I didn't have anything to do with the below link, just that I am a fan of this artist's work. Ursula V. an American artist with unique style and subject is plugging her arts for X'mas :) check out the gallery and if you like order some ;) http://www.metalandmagic.com/

Anonymous said...

Since you have most of your shopping done, can you help me with mine. I have not really started yet. :-( By the way, I make the perfect Christmas gift (I mean I am the gift, I don't design and create it). I am fairly cheap! However, the shipping cost might cost a bit from Missouri, USA to Malaysia. So wrap me up and give me to BBB or ISO or yourself :-)

savante said...

A necktie sounds like a good idea. Not too sure about the underwear, lost. Sounds like you might get the muscle tee :)

A bow on myself for my ISO? He'd die of laughing, shigeki.

Brian, you are a brilliant man! A gift cert for my ex. That's wonderful. He'd stare in shock and I'll be happy.

weeshiong, be naughty and I'll get you something real nice.

james, I also love shopping so it gives me an excuse to do so.

thanks, maida! lifebook, thanks for dropping by and you're totally correct.

will, you are definitely something :)

Something subtle for Barry? So no skimpy tanktops like Ru suggested?

You know the artist, pete?

luvnromance, I love gifts!

Paul

Petie said...

I am just a fan of her works :) I did not know per personally. However, I think BBB or ISO might like this particular painting :) The model is quite ripped indeed :)
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/24374875/

Anonymous said...

Nice little bit, that tiny beginning to a story (Coriander now too please?)